We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marival Resort

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton Square...
Marival Resort

I am looking to book a 10 day vacation in November at this resort for my husband and our 2 six year old sons. I am a little nervous because I have read some really bad reviews. We have been to many all-inclusives and realize that no trip is perfect and that you have to keep things in perspective. But at the same time I would be upset to be at a horrible resort. We are looking to relax, drink, and play in the pool and ocean with our boys. We thought that we would book a room in the Grand section. Can anyone comment on this resort? We would appreciate any and all advice. Would this be a good resort to choose? Also, does anyone know the weather in early November? Thanks in advance for all help.

Chris

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
reviews: 80
1. Re: Marival Resort

Type in Marival in the NEW search and lots of info will come up.

We loved it there,and would return. We had a room in the Grande section and loved it. The Club section room have been upgraded lately.

You will find bad reviews at almost all Resorts. You can't please every-one.!!LOL

The best of beaches,Al food and drink and Good entertainment. They had a Disney show when we were there.

I think the pools are heated, you will need that in Nov.and Most don't.

They have a good Kids club I believe.

Go and enjoy.

Don't forget the Thermo mugs11(trust me you will need them)

Cheers Joy

killarney, mb...
2. Re: Marival Resort

We went to the Marival last January and absolutely loved everything about it. We stayed on the grand side with a wonderful view overlooking the pool. I would be sure to request a pool view otherwise you will be on the side that has the construction.

The food was great, the Italian restaurant was our favorite. We ate breakfast at the buffet every morning and I am sure there will be lots for your six year olds to eat - lots of fruit, muffins, etc. and I saw Fruit Loops, Rice Crispies etc. for cereal. The ice cream is really, really yummy there.

I would be happy to answer any more questions.

Tamworth, England
3. Re: Marival Resort

We went to the marival two years agao and it was the best holiday I have ever had. We went swimming with the dolphins and snorkelling around the reef.

The hotel was brilliant! We went all inclusive and we had an appartment in one of the blocks off the main building. It was very private. We had sky tv, a queen size bed, kitchenette a bathroom with shower and hairdryer. There was no inroom safe or fridge which would have been handy. However there is safety deposit boxes at the reception which you had to pay a small amount for.

You could exchange travellers cheques at the reception which gave a reasonable rate.

There are two pool areas, one which is quiet and the other can get busy as the animation team are always getting everyone involved in games and all sorts of things. We spent most of our time there at the pool bar sipping tequilla sunrises!

The food was quite good. I agree the breakfast buffet was always the best meal of the day. I loved those little pieces of sausage meet and the omlettes were to die for! Cooked fresh infront of you with your choice of ingredients. The re was an italain which you could eat at for lunch but you had to be dressed so we usually had a burger from the lunch buffet bar in the day. There was also another restaurant which was a bit posher and men had to wear trousers and shirts. The food was ok if you like all that gourmet stuff.

There a few shops around the hotel where you can get water and ice lols, suncream and even a cigar!

They have a really good animation team who keep you busy in the day, but you can escape to the quite side if it gets too much. They put live shows on - we took part in the generation game and won! Two of the animation team were an english couple who went on holiday there and never went home because they loved it so much!

There is also a night club on the complex - which was ok but a bit cheesey.

The staff are really freindly and ola! is there word for hello which you will find you say all the time. They are willing to do anything for you and are really helpful. When we arrived we were greeted with cocktails and hot flannels after our extremely long flight/ transfer. The maids that cleaned are room would line all of our toiletries up in the bathroom and make swans out of our towels - I have never seen anything like it.

The hotel ground are beautifully green with luscious plants and they had a large cage full of tropical birds when we went. Which seemed ashame but they were beautiful.

The beach is like something off a postcard. There are a few beach boys, but they tend to leave you alone if your nearer the hotel. The arae is quite poor but there was a lot of developments going up which we passed on our transfer (no where near the hotel so no noise) so it is an expanding tourist spot.

We went when it was there independence day and the hotel was full of mexicans, but we just joined in their celebrations and had a fab time.

We went on a few outings, one to the shopping centre which is really expensive and we went into the main town which is a little cheaper and seemed completely safe. We went on a boat trip, swam with the dolphins and went on a pub crawl- 'juan helluva nite'. We got t-shirts and yard long plastic cups which were filled with cocktails at every pub - got slightly sloshed.

Overall we had a brilliant time and I recommend the marival to anyone. I am considering getting married there in the not too distant future. Any questions I would be willing to help.

Emily

Houston
reviews: 18
4. Re: Marival Resort

We have been to the Marival in July of 2003 & July of 2005---obviously not disapointed. Air conditioning was great during 90 plus temperatures. Make sure to take insulated cups to hold your beverages in---helps keep em' cold, plus bartenders will make whatever it takes to fill em'. We stay in the Grand section and have always enjoyed the view. Not a ton of activities for teenagers--but a GREAT kids pool. You will have a hard time keeping the little one's out. Great snack bar is located next to the kids pool also--(:-).

edmonotn
reviews: 1
5. Re: Marival Resort

We were at the Marival in March and have already booked for two weeks this March. Property is excellent and variety of restaurants means you don't get bored with the food (which is also great). Your kids will love the Marival. Don't be worried, it is a excellent resort. One piece of advise, get a suite in the club section, it was totally renovated last year-with your kids the extra cost will be worth it. Also, the suites are in 3 story walk-ups so you don't get the hallway noise you get in the Grand part of the resort.

Hamilton Square...
6. Re: Marival Resort

Kevin,

We were considering a suite, but the suite is another $1100.00 according to the Apple Website. Am I understanding that correctly? Is it really worthy it? We spend such little time in our room, I would be hesitant to spend another $1,100 for a bigger room. I would rather put that money towards our spring trip. Thanks for the suggestion.

Chris

reviews: 4
7. Re: Marival Resort

We had a blast there two years ago.

VERY Good/GOOD

-The buffets - lots of selection, brick oven fired pizza, awesome guacamole and roasted jalepenos at beach grill

-Separate kids pool that seemed to keep them occupied and not in the main pool

-mucho tequila in the margaritas

-Nice beach to hang out on - bar and grill right beside

-parasailing

-friendly staff

-Awesome view of ocean and pool from balcony of Grand side

OK

-the al a carte restaraunts - give them a try anyways

-the whalewatchin/snorkeling tour (not really a resort thing)

Not So Good

-the beds definately were FIRM - but I guess that is a matter of taste and I did get use to them

-lots of vendors selling their wares (may be a good thing if you like to shop) but a simple no thanks will do

-timeshare people from the neighbouring Paradise Resort

We also went to this awesome seafood rest. in a nearby small town - can't remember the name but I'm sure the staff or a taxi driver can tell you

Go for it and have a great time..... don't put too much into the negative reviews unless you are super picky and expect the top notch ritz carlton.... if so then best to just stay at home.