We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colima in May

Which Colima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
So California, USA
Colima in May

My fiance and I are thinking about going to Colima in May (last week of may). What's the weather like, what is the night life like, where do we stay, nice and something that is more elloquant than 'stop and go'. We'd like to be a bit pampered.... what do you think about Colima as the destination?

Comala, Colima
1. Re: Colima in May

I live in Comala, a few miles north of Colima, and love it dearly. May can be extremely hot, but that should not be a reason not to come. The Casa Alvarada (bed and breakfast) in Comala offers wonderful accommodations, and lots of help and advice for travelers. Comala is higher and a little cooler than Colima, and though it doesn't offer a great deal of night life, it is a great place from which to plan walks, a trip to the base of the volcano, at La Yerbabuena. That can be combined with swimming and boating at Laguna Maria, about a mile short of La Yerbabuena.

Katharine Collins

Comala

Chapala, Mexico
reviews: 6
2. Re: Colima in May

Hi, Katherine,

I just saw your posting. I'm presently living in east Germany, but have to move back to Mexico because I can't live here with this exchange rate ($1.60 USD to an Euro). One of my friends suggested Colima. I was there with my late husband about 10 years ago and we really liked it.

Since my Spanish is very poor, I need to live somewhere with English-speakers.

Any information you could provide will be greatly appreciated (lindalehnert@hotmail.com). Thank you very much.

Linda

3. Re: Colima in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, August 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Colima