We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mario's Coffee House

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Penasco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ABQ, NM
reviews: 27
Mario's Coffee House

We purchased organic coffee from Mario's Coffee House. It was sold to a woman recently so I don't know if she will change the name. The coffee says it comes from Chiapas, Mexico. It was $12 a pound, not cheap but OK for organic.

But here was the interesting thing. We have a French Press and wanted it course ground. The lovely little gal had no idea what a French Press was or what we were asking for, course ground. So if you need course ground look up the translation because we didn't know how to say it in Spanish.

Location: Not in Old Port (closer to the fish market) on the left hand side. There is day spa next door and a pharmacy across the street. It is on a road that splits off of Benito Juarez but close to it. (Look for the Friendly Dolphin and you'll find Mario's at the bottom of the hill.)

3 replies to this topic
Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 2
1. Re: Mario's Coffee House

Hi, do you know by any chance Mario's last name?, they moved to Chiapas and I forgot their last name, starts with I...something.

Thanks.

ABQ, NM
reviews: 27
2. Re: Mario's Coffee House

Hi Rosa,

No, I don't know anything about the previous owner.

The coffee is good and the new owner is learning the business. You might want to contact her and see if she knows where Mario moved.

Shelley

Puerto Penasco...
reviews: 3
3. Re: Mario's Coffee House

For good Coffee you can also try Puerto Viejo Tostadores across Thrifty near the church at the old port

Reply to: Mario's Coffee House
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted