We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olympus Transportation

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
reviews: 6
Olympus Transportation

Anyone have experience with Olympus? Where to look for them when leaving the airport? Want to look like i know what I'm doing! What is appropriate tip? Thanks!!

Richboro, PA
reviews: 11
1. Re: Olympus Transportation

We're using them to for transportation from the airport. My travel agent said to keep blinders on when going through customs because the time share people are brutal. She said just keep your family together and get through customs and there should be a person with a sign for Olympus. They fill a van and then go, fill another van and go. Only 12 days and counting...the past few days here have been brutally cold and snowy...warm Mexican sun sounds fabulous!!!

staten island New...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Olympus Transportation

I have used Olympus exclusively for 7 years and have never, ever had a problem! Drivers are safe and courteous and speak fairly good English. When I went in Feb I tipped the driver a fiver each way.

New Jersey
3. Re: Olympus Transportation

You guys are awesome....thanks! As this is my 1st time there i feel relieved to kinda know what to expect.

Sargodd...i thought i read somewhere in this forum that one of the two pools is adult only...is that true? If so, which one. Thanks!

bkrusen...do you feel you are ready and that all your questions have been answered? All i'm worried about now is that my plane gets off the ground Sat. A.M....we're supposed to be getting snow Fri into Sat....Uggg!

staten island New...
4. Re: Olympus Transportation

Hey Walks..........Negative on the pools being adults only (I read that to) One of the pools seems to be more frequented by kids by both remain open to kids.............and old people like myself as well:)

When you roll out of the Airport do not, repeat do not stop walking until you are out of the Airport and then look for Olympus. You will have a person (not an Olympus rep) look at your voucher and will tell you to follow him (he will take your bags) he will locate the Olympus Van. I tip him separate as he is not with the company.

New Jersey
5. Re: Olympus Transportation

Thank you Sargodd....you've really be helpful and have put my mind at ease!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richboro, PA
6. Re: Olympus Transportation

Luv2walk,

I always obsess over details when I travel with my kids. If I go alone or with Hubby I don't worry nearly as much, but with the kids I need everything to go right with no surprises. I guess my only concern now, since I found out that they have PB & J, is the resort being crowded. We'll be there the Tuesday before Easter to the Tuesday after and I hope it's not unbearably crowded. I've heard alot about other Palace resorts busing guests to Xpu Ha, I just hope that it doesn't get overwhelming. Getting up at dawn to stake out a beach chair doesn't sound like fun to me. I also still have no clue how much money to bring for tips and extras. We have 2 rooms booked because there are 5 of us and after hearing all the complaints about room assignments I just hope that they can put us next to each other from the start, I really don't want to have to switch rooms. Well enough obsessing and I'll keep my fingers crossed about the snow. Are you flying out of Phila. or Newark? We're flying from Phila.

staten island New...
7. Re: Olympus Transportation

BK

The other Palaces do "bus" folks in but honestly I hardly noticed!Even when this resort is booked it's hardly noticable due to it's size and layout.

I am a fairly big tipper, I can't say for sure it helps but it makes feel a little less like a cheap skate as these folks work HARD.

I brought $150 us and the maid got between 3-5 a day, I tipped the drink folks 10 pesos every other drink or so. Breakfast and Lunch $2-3 and Dinner $5, We had EXCEPTIONAL service and always a fresh bottle of wine at dinner. I had an 18 month old and the staff went above and beyond to score me the little extras we needed.

have anymore questions please let me know! we went for a week in Feb and were so impressed we are going back (minus the kids) April 14.

New Jersey
8. Re: Olympus Transportation

Hey bk....flying from Newark....i hope you have good luck with room assignment....print out a map of the resort and bring it with you....that's what i'm doing. That way you'll know where you'll be when they assign your room. You leave just after we come back so I'll try and post a review before you leave. I'm bringing $100 in singles, 20's, 10's and 5's.

Sargodd....going back so soon after you were just there says alot! Once again, you've put my mind at ease! Will you be there for a week?

Chow for now!

Richboro, PA
9. Re: Olympus Transportation

luv2walk,

Where did you find a map to print out?

New Jersey
10. Re: Olympus Transportation

go to www.palaceresorts.com

click resorts

click Xpu Ha

scroll down and click view property map...

You'll need adobe.