We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort with Free wifi and good snorkeling

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melrose
reviews: 2
Resort with Free wifi and good snorkeling

I will be traveling with three teenagers and a husband all who are very attached to their devices. I'm looking for a resort where everyone can get connected for free or cheap! When we travel, it is usually at night when everyone wants to catch up on email and what not. Also looking for a resort with good on site snorkeling. Any suggestions?

16 replies to this topic
Seattle
1. Re: Resort with Free wifi and good snorkeling

Barcelo with the Club Premium Upgrade gets in room wifi and many other perks including ocean/view from rooms. Great beach and snorkeling. In a protected bay. Also one of the most teen friendly resorts.

Melrose
2. Re: Resort with Free wifi and good snorkeling

Do you know what the cost for club premium is and what other benefits would be besides the ocean view room?

Seattle
3. Re: Resort with Free wifi and good snorkeling

Cost would depend on your travel dates

Club Premium includes:

· Personal Club Premium check-in and check-out area

· Exclusive concierge service for Club Premium guests

· Room with the best view in the Club Premium area

· Welcome gifts in the room on arrival (grapes, bottle of sparkling house wine)

· Swimming pool towels in the room

· VIP Minibar (soft drinks, water, national beer and snacks)

· Quality toiletries

· Turndown service

· Priority reservations in the a-la-carte restaurants

· Exclusive use of the Premium Lounge Club with access to international drinks, canapés, continental breakfast, board games, books, newspapers and free internet (service available from 07.00 to 23.00)

· Premium brand drinks in all the hotel bars and restaurants (except Barceló Maya Palace)

· Free local calls

· Free Wi-Fi Internet access in available areas

· Express laundry service at the normal rate

· Room service

· 20% discount on Spa and Beauty Salon services (possible restrictions, the percentage of discount can vary according to hotel)

· 10% discount at hotel shops (possible restrictions, the percentage of discount can vary according to hotel)

Melrose
4. Re: Resort with Free wifi and good snorkeling

Thanks, I'll look into it, the other features are not all that enticing, but having wifi for everyone is very important so that could make it worth it, Do you know how big the room safes are? Do they fit a lap top or more like the size of a tablet?

Tequesta, FL
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
reviews: 7
5. Re: Resort with Free wifi and good snorkeling

A single standard 14" size laptop will fit within the Palace room safe.

FYI - the wifi - Club Premium or not - will only allow you to connect one device at a time and you will need a travel router to connect multiple devices simultaneously. It is far-less costly to purchase internet access for your length of stay versus purchasing Club Premium for everyone in your travel party!

Unless you absolutely must have a premium located room fronting the pool deck/beach walkway, save your money as all the rooms - Club Premium or not - are all identical junior suites and all Palace guests receive premium amenities and have identical access to the entire complex.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya
reviews: 6
6. Re: Resort with Free wifi and good snorkeling

Grand Palladium is reputed to have good on-site snorkelling. There's free wi-fi at all the lobbies but I don't know about wi-fi elsewhere in the resort - but you could check into that.

FWIW, I won't stay at the Barcelo now that they've build a dolphinarium on site as I have ethical issues with that. I appreciate that not everyone shares my views but mention it in case the OP does. There is no dolphin-swim facility on site at the Grand Palladium.

Edited: 10:17 am, August 18, 2014
Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya
reviews: 6
7. Re: Resort with Free wifi and good snorkeling

DOH! Maybe I should search the forums before replying - according to this thread, the GP has free wi-fi through the resort but signal strength can be a bit iffy - tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g659488-i11442-k727…

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
8. Re: Resort with Free wifi and good snorkeling

When are you traveling?

Seattle
9. Re: Resort with Free wifi and good snorkeling

Most resorts if not all will provide a wifi access code and it is usually one per room, so internet likely needs to be shared unless it is a wired connection and a slitter/switch is used.

Club Premium at the Barvcelo is for us about the room location/view, unlimited Ala Cartes, Included internet (otherwise it is like $10 a day), premium drinks,room service and preferred reservation,s the rest is fluff.

Charleston, South...
reviews: 16
10. Re: Resort with Free wifi and good snorkeling

Yes, the Palladium has free wi fi all over the resort (including in rooms). It also has very good snorkeling and a very active teen program. Unlimited a la cartes

Edited: 5:08 pm, August 18, 2014
Reply to: Resort with Free wifi and good snorkeling
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted