We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe - Riviera Maya

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
reviews: 14
Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe - Riviera Maya

Hi,

We stayed at the Palace last November and are in the process of booking again this year. We did Premium last year and had no problems getting dinner reservations at any of the specialty restaurants. Does anyone know if you don't do Premium, can you get into all of the specialty restaurants without a problem (I also don't want a 9:00 reservation either). I've read so many reviews where people were told they couldn't get into the restaurants they wanted because they did not pay for Premium. There is a $600 difference between Premium and a regular room....not sure if it was really worth it. And, since we are going in Nov., I am thinking there may be more availability. Thanks

Spruce Grove, Canada
reviews: 1
1. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe - Riviera Maya

We went at the beginning of January and the resort was nearly full. We always requested reservations between 6 and 7:30 and got them every time. I know others have had problems, but we weren't picky on what days we went to a specific restaurant either. I wouldn't pay for premium unless I had mobility restrictions and needed the location. November is low season so you shouldn't have an issue.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
reviews: 32
2. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe - Riviera Maya

We were not Club Premium and we usually got the restaurant and time slot we wanted. We were there ten days and had booked a la cartes almost every night. This was high season, mid February, we were a large group.

Unless you need WiFi every day, I would say CP at the Palace is unnecessary.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 9
3. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe - Riviera Maya

We were trying to decide between a regular room at the Palace and premium at Tropical as they were about the same price and we decided to go with the premium at Tropical since my mother-in-law has mobility issues and we wanted an easy walk for her to beach/pool.

By the way, here's a previous thread when I asked this similar question:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g153510-i166-k67622…

NJ
4. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe - Riviera Maya

Thanks for the response!! I was thinking the same thing. Just a little nervous about some of the other stories I have heard. Trying not to let anything ruin a wonderful vacation!

NJ
5. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe - Riviera Maya

Thanks for the response!

NJ
6. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe - Riviera Maya

As far as the pools are concerned, I thought they were nice at the Palace, Tropical and Colonial (we pool hopped just about every day). My biggest reason for booking the Palace was because of the food. We ate in the Italian restaurant one night at either the Tropical or Colonial and I did not care for it. All of the a la carte restaurants at the Palace were excellent! If you can get a good rate at any of the resorts, I think they are all worth it. Enjoy!

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 9
7. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe - Riviera Maya

Just a comment that guests of the other sections can eat at the Palace a la cartes at a cost of $25 per adult - we went to the French restaurant and it was excellent - definitely worth it. I also heard after I got back that you can go to the Palace buffet for $5 per adult.

NJ
8. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe - Riviera Maya

To Momluvstorun....wow, that's interesting about paying extra to eat at the Palace. $25/pp is a great price for their meals/service. Thanks for the info!

Edmonton
reviews: 13
9. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe - Riviera Maya

Thanks for this info. Do you know if it's $25 per meal?

Davenport, Iowa
reviews: 3
10. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe - Riviera Maya

If there is an up charge they have just priced their selves out of my price range. With the lack of wi-fi, room service and beach service, I would rather pay the higher price at other resorts. Too bad!