We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hard Rock Riviera Maya

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Hard Rock Riviera Maya

Is there any new info on Hard Rock in Riviera Maya?

Looking to go end of March, do they have a Spring Break policy?

How are the Teen and kids club at other Hard Rock Hotels? Have 3 early teens & a 10 y/o.

Canada
reviews: 18
51. Re: Hard Rock Riviera Maya

Thanks! Will look forward to reading your update. I am hoping air canada vacations also gathers some information from their own reps there and realize that this hotel is not ready and not up to the standards they sold it as and find me something else or refund my money. At this point I would probably even prefer to stay home than pay for a vacation in a construction mess with things not open or not finished. Not impressed with the hotel or hard Rock resorts for not even bothering to reply to my questions. Thank goodness for tripadvisor and these forums and reviews!

Canada
52. Re: Hard Rock Riviera Maya

Also, does anyone have any pictures of the state of the resort at this point? Especially the adult side . I am really hoping that Air canada does the right thing. When I booked this many months ago it was sold to me as Aventura spa Palace and no mention of any construction etc! Then it sounded like just a name rebranding- now it is clearly a complete renovation. Not at all what I paid for!

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
reviews: 15
53. Re: Hard Rock Riviera Maya

I will be interested as well. I know someone going early Feb. Air Canada is usually on top of those things and will have a blurb about construction on their site. Guess it has been hush hush except for on here. I hope they are making progress. Please keep us posted!!

Canada
54. Re: Hard Rock Riviera Maya

Will post any updates. Very surprised air canada is so unaware. But their website now describes the hotel as closed and to reopen winter 2013. However they are accepting bookings for Heaven even for this week! No one seems to be clear at all about this. I posted on the Hard rock riviera maya Facebook page but so far still no response from the hotel or hard rock resorts

55. Re: Hard Rock Riviera Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 1:43 pm, December 09, 2013
Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
reviews: 15
56. Re: Hard Rock Riviera Maya

Air Canada site also says this....Available as Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya Heaven Section (Adults Only) as of November 11, 2013 and will officially be re-flagged by December 2013.

Which I am sure was the plan.

Liverpool, United...
reviews: 1
57. Re: Hard Rock Riviera Maya

Hi all, we have changed our booking now because we were not happy at all with the state of play at HRH. Here is a response we eventually received from HRH via our travel agent here in the UK.

This is the information we received from our operations team:

Due to some weather related delays, a portion of the rooms and some common areas in Heaven section have been delayed. This is directly related to unforeseeable weather conditions we experienced in the past month however we’re working tirelessly to complete the few areas that still require some work.

Areas that will open January of 2014 are:

Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

1 Restaurant - See the Show (All other dinning outlets are available and operating)

Hard rock Hotel Riviera Maya - Heaven Section

Club Heaven

Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya is operational and providing guests with rock star service daily. The official re flagging of the property will be held Tuesday, December 10. We will update you as more information is provided regarding the transformation process and thank you for your continued support!

This was enough to make our minds up and change resorts as we really don't believe it will be finished in time for outpr trip Jan 7th.

Hope this helps others.....

Canada
58. Re: Hard Rock Riviera Maya

An email I just received from the hotel ( after persistent questioning) was that there still is construction on the Heaven side rooms and the disco and nightclub will not open until the first quarter of 2014. One restaurant on Heaven side still not open. A second email from the hotel says they are hoping for a grand opening in March. Trying to get my booking changed

chicago
reviews: 9
59. Re: Hard Rock Riviera Maya

Hacienda side, are rooms ready? supposed to show December 21, have a sky terrace suite on the family side. are those done?

Portland, OR
reviews: 44
60. Re: Hard Rock Riviera Maya

Hello everyone... I just returned from my week in PDC and wanted to apologize that I did not make it over to HRRM as I had hoped to. The fact was that I was hoping there would be a free shuttle at least running 1 way between there and Playacar Palace but this was sadly not the case. It would have cost me over $50 for a RT taxi and since I was travelling solo, I was just not willing to eat this extra cost in the end.

So, I didn't get any pics as promised but I do see that others have posted some recently. As to the status, I was able to find a couple of people at PP that did appear to have a pretty good grasp on the state of things over there. I had 3 different conversations and all the details seemed to line up pretty will so I believe them to be relatively accurate:

- General consensus is that HRRM will be at least "mostly" done by the end of Q1. I took this to mean that people with current reservations for April '14 forward will most likely be ok... maybe a few remnants of work will still be taking place but all major facilities should be complete along with the vast majority of rooms. So, if you have anything in Q1'14 booked, you will probably continue to experience issues that are still being constantly posted on the ASP review page, especially if you are toward the beginning of Q1 and even more so if you expect to have a room on the Heaven side.

On another note, it looks like management has started responding to some of the numerous complaints on their review page. Unfortunately, most of the responses are a joke! they either don't address the actual complaints in the review or they continue to downright lie about the current state of the resort. In at least once instance, their response to a review from some who stayed in mid-late Nov was that the resort is now MUCH better than when they stayed a few short weeks ago. Really?!?! Well if that's true then why do the horrible reviews continue to come in from people staying there at the exact same time this lie of a response was written? It's just more smoke and mirrors trying to stop people from cancelling... along with a few 4-5 star reviews peppered in that most certainly appear to be plants, it's just a disgrace that are choosing to handle a bad situation like this. Anyway, after staying a great week at PP, I will most likely never go back to HRRM... after experiencing that amazing real beach in PDC right in front of PP, I don't think I will ever be able to go back to those fake coves at HRRM... it's not even in the same ballpark!