We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM in Puerto Aventuras

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Cod
reviews: 21
ATM in Puerto Aventuras

Hi;

Is there a ATM in PA, staying at the Cat.

Or should we use the airport ATM in Cancun.

Two more days and we can't wait

SUN SUN SUN

We have had rain over half the month of May and June on Cape Cod

Trisha

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
reviews: 67
1. Re: ATM in Puerto Aventuras

I would start by getting some money from the ATM at the airport. I have heard that the PA ATM is often out of service so I would not risk it.

texas
2. Re: ATM in Puerto Aventuras

Robert SDF,

We are going to the Cat in two weeks, and I have been wondering exactly waht to take in the way of money, due to the problems with the ATM at PA. My husband and I are people that usually don't carry much cash, and only use our checkcard and sometimes credit cards. Besides the obvious tip money, would you suggest that we get traveler's checks, American money, or Mexican money before arriving at our hotel? Last year in Cancun I think we did not have any trouble using our credit and check cards, but understand it may be a little different farther down the Yucatan peninsula. Therefore, if we want to do a few tours, and such, what would you suggest we take, a combo of all kinds of payment, or what? Thanks!

Colorado
3. Re: ATM in Puerto Aventuras

Bump. I would like to know too!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
reviews: 67
4. Re: ATM in Puerto Aventuras

A combo is probably best but travelers checks are not always easy to cash (much easier with a passport). I use nothing but ATMs here because you get the best exchange rate, the bank rate. Chances are the PA machine will be working but I would get cash at the airport ATM, just in case.

And many will say you can use dollars and sure , you can, but the merchant will always come out ahead on the transacton. Plus it is also much less confusing to deal in pesos. And it is the national currency!

Enjoy!

Austin, Texas
reviews: 35
5. Re: ATM in Puerto Aventuras

I found this website a while back:

alanformstone.com/puerto_aventuras/puerto_av…

March 27th 2006

New Santander Serfin ATM at PAWe had many enquiries about ATM's in PA. Some wanted to know if we have them. Others wanted to know where they are. Well, here is the proof that they exist. We have at least two, although I've been told that they might be others.

Santander Serfin bank just placed a brand new ATM less than a month ago. It is the easiest to find. It is located at the marina commercial area, right beneath the CEDAM museum.

Banamex ATM at PuertoBanamex (Citibank) also has an ATM in Puerto.

This one is a little bit more hidden. It is in the marina area. In the commercial zone just outside the Omni hotel. The easiest way to find it is to walk up to the Omni main entrance.

Hidden door of the Banamex ATMFrom there walk along the commercial area that is just outside the Omni (do not cross towards the dolphins). Once you reach Captain Rick's office you are one door too far away. Return one door and you will see the ATM inside.

Both ATM's are connected to VISA and Master Card networks, so even when your card belongs to an other bank, you can still withdraw money.

#############

I got really good rates at a Bank at the airport (departure side). I'm not sure if the rates were as good if you're exiting the airport.

6. Re: ATM in Puerto Aventuras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, August 16, 2009