We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CAT room questions

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oak Harbor, Ohio
reviews: 7
CAT room questions

We will be going to CAT on 6/22, and have booked a "Superior Oceanfront". In looking at the resort maps I can see where that blocks of rooms are......now for my questions:

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best floor to be on? I think I don't want the first floor because I am not a big fan of critters wandering in.... but do the pam trees cause an obstruction, and if you go higher are they out of the way?

What are the beds like in these room? Comfy? hard?

Does anyone have a specific room number recommendation that I can try to get put in?

Do you think if I contact the resort directly and make a specific room request that they will honor, and hold it for me?

Also...... I am looking for daytrips, and would like to find one that you spend the day bouncing around in one of those "military" trucks seeing off the beaten path things.... does anyone know of one....... all I am finding so far are trips that include that and keynotes, and ziplining, and snorkeling..... and so on..... any suggestions???

Thanks a bunch!!

kansas city...
reviews: 6
1. Re: CAT room questions

We stayed in room 7033 Privileged superior ocean view- great view overlooking the pool and ocean. Better than 7031 that my brothers had - mostly a wall view. We were on the top, 4th floor. About 33 stairs if you can handle it. They cannot hold a room type or number request prior to your arrival. They call it the 'run of the house' system. They will see the request if you email them. I suggest asking for a top floor, and checking the room out when you get there to see if you like it before the bellman leaves. They were very accomodating to our group when two rooms had to be changed.

Beds are fairly compfy for Mexico standards - a little firm, but not too hard.

We booked a private tour through Edventures - I highly recommend that you contact them and let them know what you want. We had a private driver for the day for our group of 7 and 3 of the group went back to the resort early while the other 4 stayed to snorkel in Akumal Bay. Reasonable rates, great service and friendly!

http://www.edventuretours.com(dot)mx/ is their website - send them an email, they will help you out!

have fun!~

San Antonio, Texas
reviews: 27
2. Re: CAT room questions

I SECOND Ed at Edventures!! Been using their services for a few years now and planning on it again in July!! Just email them and tell them what you want to do and they'll fix you up!!

As far as "critters"...except for the occasional iguana, you won be bothered by any critters.

Enjoy your visit!!!

Oak Harbor, Ohio
3. Re: CAT room questions

IMHO...... Iguanas ARE CRITTERS!!!!!! What kind of views would I have on the second floor??? steps all the way to the 4th floor would kill my old knees!!!!! I have looked at all of Edventure tours, and they seem like a great company..... I will probably contact them and see if we can work something out.

San Antonio, Texas
reviews: 27
4. Re: CAT room questions

Lol

I guess they are...

But they're harmless. They're more scared of you than you are of them. I've never seen one on someone's porch or ground floor balcony, but I guess it can happen. They typically hang out under the shrubs.

I've written a few reviews on Edventures. If you're interested, you can click on my name and read them.

kansas city...
reviews: 6
5. Re: CAT room questions

It's about 10 step to each floor. Haven't seen any iguanas near the rooms. To the bottom floor is 10 steps down on bldg 7

Oak Harbor, Ohio
6. Re: CAT room questions

what view would you get from the second floor balconies...... all palm trees..... no ocean??

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
7. Re: CAT room questions

A lot (most) trips in this area can be done by getting a taxi from the resort

You do NOT need a tour to transport you 10 minutes away to a public beach like Akumal

Read this great thread on places to go

tripadvisor.ca/…35585095

Utah
reviews: 17
8. Re: CAT room questions

We prefer the privelege rooms as well, not many ocean views from these rooms (if any) though. But they are very nice, and when in the room, we find we don't stare out much...and if we do, the garden view is really nice.

If you do end up on the main floor in any building, once you open the sliding door out back, the air conditioner shuts off, so the door usually stays shut unless going out or in to the balcony/deck . never had critters in our rooms.

one more thing about the ocean views, regular rooms on the Yukatan side offer more Ocean view rooms. Like I said, we havent missed the ocean views, as the buffet and most other restaraunts and pools are right by the ocean or provide the ocean view. It's a really well situated resort when it comes to that, and it's not too big as it takes 15 or more minutes to walk to the beach.....one or two minutes and you are there.

Akumal Beach is great for snorkeling and seeing turtles, etc, $15 cab ride. We have really enjoyed Explor park. Zip Lines (14 of them....2 sets of 7) . ATV trail thast you drive around trails bridges and through caverns asnd such, 3 miles each, 2 of them. paddle boats through a cenote, also a swim throug the cenote. A very good buffet comes with the admission price ($100). we have been twice and will go again. Xplor is also very close to the CAT.....$20 cab

Edventure may be the place to look for the army truck thing.

The Tulum Ruins are close by and are a must see in my opinion. right above a nice beach, very cool.

Oak Harbor, Ohio
9. Re: CAT room questions

Thanks for the responses....... but it seems that I am mostly getting comments on "ocean view" rooms. We booked "ocean front". I found a recent pic, and it kinda looks like if I ask for a 2nd floor room it will be below the palm trees....... anybody know if I am correct in this? Also..... what is the dress code for dinner in the buffet restaurants?

Union, Oregon
reviews: 262
10. Re: CAT room questions

Ocean front is right behind the pool facing the ocean. Ocean is just beyond the pool. Not sure about the palm trees. They are all different heights. Casual dress at buffet, just no swim suits.