We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkelling/beach/entertainment 14 & 16 year old

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Herrington
reviews: 13
Snorkelling/beach/entertainment 14 & 16 year old

Hi I am planning a trip to Mexico in July with my family which includes two children (age 14 & 16). Ideally great snorkelling from the hotel/watersports/beach/entertainment and nice food would be perfect. We are considering the Barcelona Maya Beach Resort (or Grand Palladium Colonial & Kantenah Resort & Spa). Any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you

Tequesta, FL
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
reviews: 7
1. Re: Snorkelling/beach/entertainment 14 & 16 year old

The Grand Palladium complex has the areas best teen activity program and offers good snorkeling directly off-shore from the resort. It would be our best recommendation for you between it and your other selection, the Barcelo Maya Beach!

Richmond, BC
reviews: 15
2. Re: Snorkelling/beach/entertainment 14 & 16 year old

I've been to both resorts numerous times and would not hesitate to recomment any of the GP or Barcelo parts, but the season makes all the difference here.

At the Grand Palladium as there are numerous palapas available for the shade - none of them at the Barcelo, only palms and it is very hot in Mexico in July, I would not consider any resort with no palapas or with the poor palapa availability in the summer. Also the buffet is not air-conditioned at this entry level Barcelo part (it is aircond at the Colonial/Tropical/Palace though)., the buffets are all aircond at the GP at any of its parts. The snorkeling is good at both, the beach bottom in the water is a little nicer at the Barcelo - more sandy parts.

Also you should know that there is a big difference in the all-inclusive inclusions at these resorts with the GP leading by a mile - no limits for alacarte dinners with no reservations, free wifi internet in the lobby, free use of spa for mom and dad (adult only facility), teens club, disco. Watersports are the same at both - good. Beach volleyball court is a little better at the Barcelo, but the other sport courts - soccer, tennis, basketball - are better at the GP. If to compare them apple to apple, the Colonial/Tropical parts of Barcelo are more comparable to GP parts, but less inclusions.

Charleston, South...
reviews: 16
3. Re: Snorkelling/beach/entertainment 14 & 16 year old

I have been to the Palladium complex many times with teens and can highly recommend it.

4. Re: Snorkelling/beach/entertainment 14 & 16 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 03, 2014