We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overbooking at the Barcelo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 8
Overbooking at the Barcelo

Has anyone ever experienced the Barcelo Colonial/Tropical to overbook? Noticed that there isn't much availability in middle of April for either the colonial/tropical or the palace...

Richmond, BC
reviews: 15
1. Re: Overbooking at the Barcelo

Overbooking usually happens over the very high season like New years or a Spring break/Easter vacation, shouldn't be a real problem in the mid April. Where are you checking for the availability - what web-site?

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
reviews: 12
2. Re: Overbooking at the Barcelo

Have not stayed here but I have noticed that MANY hotels in Cancun and other areas are sold out that week. I am not sure what is going on but I did notice that too. Fingers crossed that all will be fine!!

3. Re: Overbooking at the Barcelo

yes hopefully things will be fine

vernon canada
reviews: 3
4. Re: Overbooking at the Barcelo

A bunch of people who booked with West Jet and Air Canada got bumped out of the Bahia due to over booking April 1 - 7 . Were offered a much lesser resort and a credit for another stay later. Would have to assume that there wasn't any availability at any comparable resorts for this time period , or WJV / AC would have put there people in. Worst part is they found out about it only 3 days before departure.

If you booked directly with the resort you will be ok , If you booked through a charter co . who book blocks of rooms you are probably safe too. Apparently , the two companies above , do not block book rooms but make individual reservations instead. There are some pretty disappointed folks but the rest of us are hoping they make the most of it and have a good time , and then find a good seat sale for flights for their future freebie stay. I am not sure how I would cope in their situation , would be disappointed but able to look forward to an inexpensive trip next winter.

5. Re: Overbooking at the Barcelo

Somehow it just doesn't seem right. I hope it won't be the case for us...we are going for a family reunion...and since we are all departing from different destinationswe all had to book with different wholesalers....were you in the group of people that got bumped from the Bahia?....that would be a very frustration situation...this bumping thing seems to be happening quite frequently these days.....

6. Re: Overbooking at the Barcelo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 01, 2014