We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at ASP in 2 weeks..tour/excursion/spa help LONG POST

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
michigan
reviews: 1
Staying at ASP in 2 weeks..tour/excursion/spa help LONG POST

Ok... rec'd my pre booking info for tours/spa along with spa menu/salon menu/ tour pricing & descriptions...

Have a few questions and would like feedback

1. couples massage or separate? We are going on our first trip alone w/no kids in over 15 years..I'm leaning towards couples but heard you get more bang for your buck alone

2. Tulum-- is it better to do this on your own or just book the excursion.. seems like a bit of waste of money because part of the tour is eating at the resort we are staying at lol.... I think I'd like to swim...

3. We are NOT doing dolphin swim or chichen itza as we have done those before

4. Aktun Chen Cavern- anyone been on this?

5. TOURS NOT INCLUDED WITH CREDITS-- Is Xcaret or Xel-Ha worth it? Which is better? Snorkel Xtreme with turtles??

6 LAST BUT NOT LEAST-- I am bringing my DSLR camera--- Any tips suggestions for it? Where NOT to bring? Where CAN"T I bring? Thanks

Edited: 5:06 pm, March 28, 2013
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 35
1. Re: Staying at ASP in 2 weeks..tour/excursion/spa help LONG POST

1. My vote goes to separate. They charge $ 50 more for being together. Spa credit so it doesn't really cost much more than $5. Bigger issue for me is my fun loving hubby who would either talk, want a peek, or harass me to go back to the room for a happy ending.

2. Do on your own but pay the couple of bucks there for a guide to explain the significance.

3. Ditto

4. We booked Aktun Chen on our credits, thinking it was a morning excursion. Turned out to be a 9:00 am pick up 3:00 drop off, and near the end of our say - we elected to cancel and soak up the sun instead. We enjoyed the peaceful end of the resort - far from the pool.

5. We have been to both & liked them both - cant really go o wrong with either. I liked Xel ha better (snorkel/water based day). Hubby liked Xcaret better. (Mix of land & water activities & stunning evening she about the history of the Mayans. All in Spanish)

6 bring it anywhere.

Double click on my name to see my review & photos.

Edited: 7:04 pm, March 28, 2013
Cape Girardeau...
reviews: 12
2. Re: Staying at ASP in 2 weeks..tour/excursion/spa help LONG POST

Missmassey covered most everything except the extreme turtle. We did this last year and it was very good but pricey. It's was $440 for 4 of us. The tour took us to Akumal beach resort and we snorkeled there with a guide and had lunch there. When we went back in August with my kids (teenagers) we just did day passes at Akumal beach resort and saved $240. However, we are all swimmers and travel with our own snorkeling gear. If you are not very experienced in the water and snorkel save the money. If you lack some experience do the tour and enjoy it. The guides were great.

3. Re: Staying at ASP in 2 weeks..tour/excursion/spa help LONG POST

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 01, 2014