We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

renting scooters

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
reviews: 6
renting scooters

Is it easy to rent a scooter? I'm staying at the Cat, where do I get a scooter from and are the roads safe.

minneapolis, mn
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Grand Marais
reviews: 18
1. Re: renting scooters

It's VERY unsafe. Don't do it

Union, Oregon
reviews: 173
2. Re: renting scooters

I agree, not a good idea. Most everything is walkable in Puerto Aventuras.

Chicago, Il
reviews: 36
3. Re: renting scooters

Not sure where you want to scoot. In & around the gated community of Puerto Aventuras is safe traffic-wise, but very unsafe road condition-wise. The streets are slippery cobblestone, with lots of speed bumps ("topes") and water runoff gutters. Worst during/after a rain. All VERY unfriendly to scooters operated by tourists.

If you venture out of Puerto Aventuras, it's high speed highway. You could ride on the shoulder, but you'll share that with the huge trucks, loose rocks, debris, and exhaust.

Suggest you walk down to the parking lot on the Yucatan side, and sign out a FREE BICYCLE to tootle round PA, the marina, the sidestreets, and shops. No worry about parking your bike unlocked. Nobody will steal it. Just remember the ID number & where you put it...the later comes into play especially when alcohol is involved! : )

England
reviews: 6
4. Re: renting scooters

Thanks for that seabass

5. Re: renting scooters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 23, 2014