We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Maya Beach Resort

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 1
Barcelo Maya Beach Resort

Two Questions:

1. Where can I purchase cigars at a reasonable price? At the resort or in Play Del Carmen?

2. Can the electrical outlets in the room accommodate our appliances (from Canada) or do we have to bring an international adaptor?

Thanks

Tequesta, FL
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
reviews: 6
1. Re: Barcelo Maya Beach Resort

Electrical outlets & voltage are all to North American Power Grid standards. You will have no need for converters.

They do have a small cigar shop on site (Havana - Tropical lobby area) which is fine for an occasional purchase. But for any quantity, you are best to go into Playa del Carmen, Cancun, or buy them at a duty free shop at the airport. Or bring them with you!

Beware of "fake" Cubans...

Somerset, Wisconsin
reviews: 5
2. Re: Barcelo Maya Beach Resort

I've got a few last Barcelo questions...don't want to start a new thread.

How big are the safes in the rooms? Can you fit an iPad in there along with maybe a camera or a small purse?

Do they have Vitamin water/Sobe/Ice tea etc. in plastic bottles for sale anywhere on the resort? We don't drink much pop.....and there seems to be no beach service for beverages. Might want to get a few bottles to take along on a day trip as well and don't necessarily want to have to go to a nearby gas station or Walmart in PDC.

Are the hairdryers in the room decent (plenty of power or barely blows) or am I better off bringing my own?

Onalaska, Wisconsin
3. Re: Barcelo Maya Beach Resort

I think you will have no problems with safe or hair dryer & they sell bottled beverages like you listed at the Barceló.I bring along a couple of bottles(they are small) of MIO/ENERGY water supplement & add it to the free bottles of water you get at the bars.I will be at the Barceló Tropical next Thursday for 8 days---can not wait. Dave

Somerset, Wisconsin
reviews: 5
4. Re: Barcelo Maya Beach Resort

Thanks for the answers david p and maybe we will bump into you at Barcelo- we will be there on the 25th! I don't know about you but I'm so ready to get away from this Wisconsin winter!

Anne

Edited: 6:19 pm, January 19, 2013
Onalaska, Wisconsin
5. Re: Barcelo Maya Beach Resort

Last bit of advice try the ice cream at the evening buffet. dave

6. Re: Barcelo Maya Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 21, 2014