We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snorkeling from the catalonia Yucatan

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
reviews: 6
snorkeling from the catalonia Yucatan

Can anybody tell me what the snorkeling is like from this hotel? Also are there any good spots around along from the hotel. What did you see.

Regina, Canada
1. Re: snorkeling from the catalonia Yucatan

The snorkeling is great infront of the resort returning for the 3rd time in feb.That is one reason we are returning we seen everything except turtles,barracudas,eels,rays,NEMO

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Mission, Abbotsford
reviews: 3
2. Re: snorkeling from the catalonia Yucatan

Don't know that I'd say it's great, but quite decent. We're heading back for our 11th visit on Mon. Great snorkeling can be found in Akumal.

Here's a 10 min HD video of snorkeling at the "Cat" that I did back in 2011 if interested. Gives a good overview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKh13LRcNAQ

You can also walk up to the marina (About 10 min) & snorkel in the bay there, which is also pretty good.

Pablo

Sat 09:11 PST

England
3. Re: snorkeling from the catalonia Yucatan

Thanks for the snorkel link Pablo, I will be at the Cat in 2 weeks and as snorkeling is such a passion all tips are greatly received as I don't mind a long walk or long swim to surrounding areas.

Are turtles ever seen in front of the Cat or only in Akumal? Will def go to Akumal a few times. Is there a reef or a drop off?

Park Rapids
reviews: 26
4. Re: snorkeling from the catalonia Yucatan

We used to stay @ the Cat until we started staying in bear hfront condos on the bay on the south side of the Marina. You should definitely walk over there where you can access the bay anywhere. There is a bear h bar by the Omni. Real nice entry there swim out to the reef & you will enjoy it way better then by the Cat. I have seen rays & turtles out here. Another area besides here & Akumal is Xpu Ha beach. That is where Cat Tulumn is located.

England
5. Re: snorkeling from the catalonia Yucatan

Thanks coralfan....really good tips there. I have snorkeled all over the world so really looking for quality snorkeling! Don't mind swimming far.

6. Re: snorkeling from the catalonia Yucatan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, January 22, 2014