We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wine at EDSS

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dartmouth, Canada
reviews: 6
wine at EDSS

Hi Folks: My husband and I have been to Karisma's EDSS, Maroma and last year Casitas suites. We were always so suprised that such beautiful resorts offers such lousy house wine. We go to Walmart and buy our wine. We love our wine in the evening and during dinner and have spent alot of money purchasing Karisma's wine from their wine lists. I always dream of the day they bring out a half decent bottle of house wine in both white and red, but would prefer just a nice bottle of white. Has anyone been to EDSS lately and can tell me if their wine has changed? The wine they had last year (which I"m sure is offered at all their properties) white tasted like vinegar and red tasted like a watered down sherry...yuck. thanks Folks! We will be going to EDSS this April...really excited just wish they had better house wine.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
reviews: 71
11. Re: wine at EDSS

We also stick with the Mis Momentos Tempranillo when at a Karisma resort. They really do not offer the list they claim to have -not in my recent experience at least- and the Tempranillo is not bad.

We do not drink white.

Huntsville, Alabama
reviews: 27
12. Re: wine at EDSS

Jerry, if memory serves, they are either from Argentina or Chile....I guess when you are buying wine in bulk for at least 3 resorts, you get a REALLY good deal on the pricing...but yes, I agree...some certainly taste like they cost that much!

We also like some of the boxed wine, especially Black Box. :-)

Dartmouth, Canada
13. Re: wine at EDSS

thanks, I'll have to ask for Black box at the liquor store. We usually do a Lindemanns Chardonay or the French Cross isn't bad either if you're having a party. We also like Gallo in the 1 litre bottle...thats good too. Like I said I can drink an inexpensive white...red not so much has to be good. We couldn't drink the wine at EDSS we got terrible heart burn and stomach upset I think it was the acidity in it. Red wine was like watered down Sherry...ugh.

But as mentioned there is a Walmart in Playa Del Carmen so we go there and load up for 2 weeks. Prices are very good!

Dartmouth, Canada
14. Re: wine at EDSS

thanks, Tempranillo is a red wine? We'll buy the Silena at the restuarants which is a good white but at $50 per bottle it gets very expensive especially when we're taking our time during dinner and we drink 2 bottles. I do think EDSS offers a corkage fee of $25 if you bring your own. But then you add the price of the wine (approx $10) and your time and you're right back where you started. just wish such a beautiful resort would offer better wine..:(

15. Re: wine at EDSS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 12, 2014