We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips on traveling with a baby

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northport, New York
Tips on traveling with a baby

Hi,

My wife and I are bringing our 11 1/2 month old down to Dreams Puerto Aventuras for a family wedding. Was wondering if anyone had any tips for us? We are bringing liquid formula and some baby food. Our baby isn't too keen on baby food anymore since she's been eating table food. Should we feel comfortable feeding her food down there? Chicken, vegetables, fish, fruit? What about sanitizing bottles? Is it ok to wash them with tap water? We are a little nervous.

Charlottesville...
reviews: 117
11. Re: Tips on traveling with a baby

Agreed that you may not need to bring more than a day or twos worth of formula/ food since you can go to WalMart or Mega. Actran has pictures of some of the things carried at I believe Mega on her blog: iberostarrocks.com. It's not one of the more recent trips but you can probably do a search to find it. Of course if your little one has a particular favorite thing you might want to bring extra in case they don't have it there.

As far as the plane and travelling, I always got a few new toys that I was pretty sure my kids would like and would pull one out every so often so they had something new to keep their attention on the plane. Also the advice to make sure they are drink on take-off and landing is excellent. Stay calm and realize that most of the people around you have been there before and understand. The only time I ever get upset is if someone lets their kids who are old enough to know better scream and act crazy and disturb everyone without trying to deal with them and make them calm down.

Have a wonderful trip!

Northport, New York
12. Re: Tips on traveling with a baby

Thanks for all the responses. They've been helpful. We are leaving in the morning. We'll let you know how we make out.

Halifax, Canada
reviews: 3
13. Re: Tips on traveling with a baby

We went last year with our grand daughter I would suggest taking lots of snacks because while there was lots at the buffets that she could eat meal times are not what kids are used to. And I agree lots of water.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 1
14. Re: Tips on traveling with a baby

Don't start it Norman we know what happened last time.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 1
15. Re: Tips on traveling with a baby

Don't start it Norman we all know about the last post lol

Edited: 5:44 pm, December 06, 2012
16. Re: Tips on traveling with a baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, December 17, 2013