We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Returned from EDSS...Questions?

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Peterborough, Ont
reviews: 8
Just Returned from EDSS...Questions?

I just returned from a week week vacation at the EDSS I'm happy to answer any questions.

Wass

glasgow
reviews: 21
1. Re: Just Returned from EDSS...Questions?

Hi Wass

We are flying out to edss on Wednesday, Booked an oceanfront room. You mentioned noise problems from other guests, do you know which blocks they were staying in. Thanks Colette

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 13
2. Re: Just Returned from EDSS...Questions?

Hi Wass,

Do you know if they had Havana 7 rum at the resort? Do you know if the beachfront rooms (buildings 26-32 I think) are 2 levels? Just hesitant to get a ground floor room because of the bugs and lack of privacy.

Croydon, Surrey
reviews: 16
3. Re: Just Returned from EDSS...Questions?

Hi Wass

Hope you had a great time.

Can you tell me what the house wine is like, the white in paticular. I remember reading a whole list of choices on this forum a while ago for the wines that are included in the AI but recently people have been saying there is only one white and one red wine?

Thanks

Michelle

New Braunfels, Texas
reviews: 12
4. Re: Just Returned from EDSS...Questions?

My wife and I are leaving the 26th for six nights and have booked an ocean front suite. We have never been to this resort so anything you can tell us would be great. Restaurants, bars, the building and grounds conditions, beach access, availabilty to go into Puerto Aventuras and Puert Moreles. Thanks in advance!

okanagan
reviews: 3
5. Re: Just Returned from EDSS...Questions?

How was the snorkelling in front the EDSS? Lots to see?

How far along was the new construction?, is it looking like it is possible to be completed by April?

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
reviews: 101
6. Re: Just Returned from EDSS...Questions?

Wass where are you?

Manchester England
reviews: 26
7. Re: Just Returned from EDSS...Questions?

see you there Jimmy, we are there from the 22nd to the 3rd Jan

Peterborough, Ont
8. Re: Just Returned from EDSS...Questions?

Sorry everyone I've been sick with the flu for the past few days; I'll try to answer questions now.

Col01 I can't remember the block of rooms but I know any rooms near the front entrance would definitely be affected by the construction...I'm thinking rooms in the block of 30-32.

Chick777 not sure if they have Havana 7 rum but they did have Havana rum..sorry I'm a beer drinker.

Michelle00 the only house wine we found even remotely drinkable was called Lavinia and it was a semi dry; I believe the other option was like vinegar in my opinion...you may want to buy some but it should really be better quality considering it's an all-inclusive.

Jimmy C the grounds are beautiful and the staff is wonderful!! The rooms are well furnished and very nice...no complaints about the rooms what's so ever! The restaurants were all good but liked the Italian the best (food & atmosphere) are opinion only. Beach is rough but it's not the fault of the resort by any means; hurricane Wilma did a number on this beach and the resort is trying reclaim it but it's going to be a long slow process. Great snorkeling just not great swimming. This resort is a good distance from Puerto Aventuras and Puerto Moreles but nothing a taxi or collectivo (white van ride for two dollars) can't fix, I'm guessing 30 minutes by taxi...could be pricey in a taxi; ask the front desk (American woman) about a collectivo.

Sunnydays50 the snorkeling was very good, you can see small rays, different assortment of fish and there is a resident barracuda the just floats and stairs at all the people. Construction was in full swing but I'm not sure if April is a realistic date; I'm thinking more like June but then again I'm not in that line of work and they did have a lot of works on site so anything is possible.

Nevera...here I am :)

Sorry for the late response but the flu just knock me out for a few days but I'm back and happy to try and answer more questions.

Cheers

Edited: 9:32 pm, December 08, 2012
New Braunfels, Texas
reviews: 12
9. Re: Just Returned from EDSS...Questions?

Thanks for the info...glad you are feeling better!!

Peterborough, Ont
10. Re: Just Returned from EDSS...Questions?

Thanks Jimmy C enjoy your holiday.

Wass