We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Dorado Seaside Suites. Building works

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Swindon UK
reviews: 21
El Dorado Seaside Suites. Building works

I have emailed the resort last week to ask about the building works and when they will finish. Heard nothing back. We are going first week of January and just wanted to see if they would be finished by then. We have booked a swim up so wil be at the back of the resort where I think the building works are. Any ideas?

Huntsville, Alabama
11. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites. Building works

Kazza,

DH and I have watched much construction at the EDSS and the reason you are hearing different dates is that they just don't know what the timeline will be....I would probably say the furtherest out is probably the most accurate and maybe it will be done when you visit in early May, but I would doubt it.

Enjoy!

reviews: 2
12. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites. Building works

Hi, I've had an email conversation with the manager over the last few days & apparantly the new suites will be open for the 1st May but the new restaurants, lobby and bars won't be ready till much later in the year!

So basically the nice quiet, intimate resort Thomson sold us could have an extra 200 people too now & no additional facilities plus building work - not the dream honeymoon destination i'd booked! Needless to say my Thomson branch, who have been very helpful it's the head office who haven't been hence why I've gone & found the info myself, will be getting another phone call tomorrow.

North Bay, Canada
reviews: 10
13. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites. Building works

It is nice to see places grow from there success however there is debate as to what made this resort successful will be lost in the growth,,, from what I have read in posts going way back this was a concern before as the resort is not the original size it was and has had expansion in the past. That being said, it is not there first kick at it and I am sure that they have thought of all of your concerns. The completion of the new lobby and additional rooms is expected to be completed during traditionally low occupancy,thus giving them time to convert the existing lobby into additional restaurants and bars with minimal impact on there guests. I would not be surprised if they limited how many guests they will accept as to not overload there existing facilities until the new ones are finished. This is not Karismas first Pony Show,,, this is what they do,, and judging by there reviews,, they obviously do it well. They have built this resort to a very good standing on TripAdvisor and I would think that they will try to preserve that ranking instead of making short sited decisions on occupancy.

I surely do believe they will make good choices.

I believe that they will..

Happy Travels.

Huntsville, Alabama
14. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites. Building works

Kazz,

You may want to see if you can switch to the El Dorado Maroma. At just under 100 rooms, it is by far our favorite. We have been to the EDSS 8 times and will not be returning..the resort had already gotten too big for our taste when they built the current swim up suite buildings.

The EDM started at around 70 rooms and about 30 more have been added...there is no current construction going on but if more rooms are added, we will not be visiting there anymore either (we have been 7 times so far).

As an FYI, Srs. Martinez own the El Dorado resorts (and Lomas Travel, Mayair, Maroma Paradise Marina, etc.), Karisma is 'only' the management company of the 3 resorts and they really have no say in what is constructed on the resort.

Edited: 11:49 am, January 23, 2013
15. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites. Building works

Thanks for the recommendation I have been looking at El Dorado Maroma as another option but it's above my budget & i'm not sure if Thomson would make up the shortfall.

At the moment i'm waiting on Thomsons head office as they're investigating it as there info still shows all building work to be complete on 30th March. So will just have to see what they come back with & what my options are.

Teignmouth, United...
reviews: 139
16. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites. Building works

NO way will the building be completed by the end of march... we were there three weeks ago and it's still an (incomplete) shell...

We weren't disturbed by the construction though..

I've got a review pending with all the info...

ATB,J.

Nottingham, England
reviews: 12
17. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites. Building works

I think that to switch to Maroma will be quite expensive. Looking at the options yesterday before we booked for the SS they wanted another £700 each for 2 weeks.

I would be interested to see what Thomson come back with though kazza and looking forward to your review merseygull.

We still have a long while until we are due to go but best to be aware rather than suprised!

18. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites. Building works

I'm hoping to get an update later today off Thomsons so will let you all know what they say.

Yeah to switch to the Maroma will be another £700 & i can't afford that so i guess we'll see what Thomsons say.

I'm just frustrated that Thomsons head office have just kept fobbing me & the shop staff off so i've had to go out and find out the information myself!

Yorkshire Dales...
reviews: 49
19. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites. Building works

We're due to visit EDSS for the first time on 8th of June for our anniversary, so very much look forward to your reviews on your return guys. Many thanks for the information to date :o)

Stoke-on-Trent...
reviews: 15
20. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites. Building works

We have also emailed Thomson and also copied in David Burland (their CEO)

Having visited this property before we are concerned at the prospect of around 200 extra visitors putting the facilities under pressure. Also we feel that the dynamics will change.

Our suggestion is that Thomson are in breach of contract by witholding relevant information at the time of booking.

We will keep this thread informed of any developments.