We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Dorado Seaside Suites. Building works

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Swindon UK
reviews: 21
El Dorado Seaside Suites. Building works

I have emailed the resort last week to ask about the building works and when they will finish. Heard nothing back. We are going first week of January and just wanted to see if they would be finished by then. We have booked a swim up so wil be at the back of the resort where I think the building works are. Any ideas?

Croydon, Surrey
reviews: 16
1. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites. Building works

I would be interested in hearing this also, we are thinking about booking to go at the end of Jan. Also, can anyone tell me what the bars are like in the evening, I am under the impression that there are no indoor air conned bars. Have been to the El dorado Casita's which we loved, can anyone compare?

Michelle

Southport, United...
2. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites. Building works

i go for honeymoon in three weeks so if anyone knows the extent of the works please let me know asap

Huntsville, Alabama
reviews: 27
3. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites. Building works

Here is a previous posting on the building works, hope it helps!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g153510-i166-k5793…

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 1
4. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites. Building works

I have just received the following email from First Choice regarding the building works. We arrive in 3 weeks time.

Our team in Mexico have been in touch to inform us that the hotelier has decided to build some new rooms at the hotel. Work has already commenced and the feedback from our customers has been positive and that it has not affected their stay at the hotel.

The work has been screened off but as the project progresses, the new building will be visible, mainly when entering the hotel and from the reception area. From mid October work will start to take down an existing ground floor office, which is next to the hotel’s car park and this work is expected to last approximately 14 days, screening has also been put in place, so the work is not visible. Due to the location of the work, noise may be heard at times from some of the public areas, including some swim-up rooms which are near the hotel’s reception.

The hotel management have assured us that all necessary measures have been taken to minimise any possible disruption and that all our customers will be allocated rooms away from the work, where possible.

With a daytime and evening entertainments programme, seven speciality restaurants, eight bars, set in an amazing location on the beach; I would like to reassure you that the El Dorado Seaside Suites remains a great choice of hotel.

Naturally, it’s important that we let you know about any additional information regarding your holiday, so I hope I’ve explained everything clearly. If you have any queries or you're unsure about anything, please give us a call on the number below or contact your travel agent.

Edited: 4:10 pm, October 09, 2012
Manchester, United...
reviews: 5
5. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites. Building works

I contacted the hotel regarding this matter. I was informed that the building work is due for completion in the Spring 2013.

Peterborough, Ont
reviews: 9
6. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites. Building works

I just returned from EDSS last night and unfortunately they will not be finished construction any time soon. We did talk to other guests that were upset about the noise but our room was away from the construction so no issues for us.

Good luck and enjoy.

Wass

essex
reviews: 3
7. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites. Building works

We are going to EDSS on 30th March this year and I wrote to Thomson who we are travelling with and they sent a response below. May find it interesting,

I can confirm that work is currently taking place, however, we expect that this will be completed before the time of your stay. The project is to build new rooms at the hotel, and feedback from our customers has been positive and that it has not affected their stay at the hotel.

The new building is visible, mainly when entering the hotel and from the reception area. Currently, work is taking place behind a screened off area, near the hotel's car park, to construct the new rooms and to create a new swimming pool, which is next to the hotel's car park. Due to the location of the work, noise may be heard from some of the public areas.

The hotel management have assured us that all necessary measures have been taken to minimise any possible disruption and that all our customers will be allocated rooms away from the work, where possible.

Dartmouth, Canada
reviews: 6
8. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites. Building works

Hi Michelle: I've been to both and I have to say I'm really looking forward to returning to EDSS. EDSS has a new spa and I've heard the manager there Paula has made some really great changes. EDSS is a much smaller resort so you can go to the outside bar and dance after dinner where Casitas you had to take a trolly and party with over a 1,000 people. EDSS is much smaller and intimate. EDSS is more quiet and romantic than Casitas Royale.

I did prefer the food at Casitas more than EDSS. Casitas Royale has lamb and tenderloin on their menus where EDSS doesn't offer tenderloin unless you want to pay extra for it. I think they have one entre at the italian but thats it. To sum it up, I love them both for different reasons..EDSS love the size and romance personal service because its smaller. Casitas is the food is a step above EDSS. Now, I haven't been to EDSS for 2 years so maybe the food has gotten better with the new manager. Hope this helps. Email me if you need anymore info. Cheers and enjoy your trip.

reviews: 2
9. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites. Building works

Hi,

I'm travelling here on 7th May for my honeymoon and have had so many different things been told to me i have no idea what will be true when we get there!

So far I've been told that there is 98 new rooms, a new pool, two new restaurants, a snack bar & a wine bar been added.

Now here's where the discrepancies lie when i first spoke to Thomson in December they claimed not to know about the building work (a member of staff phoned head office) because of this another member of staff phoned the hotel for me who said the new rooms would be open from 1st May but the other stuff will not be ready till the beginning of June.

Thomsons are now saying that there information states that all work will be done by 30th March.

I've also had an email from the sales manager at EDSS saying that everything except the wine & snack bars will be ready for the 1st May.

So I have no idea what the truth really is as I now have 3 different versions of whats happening!

Manchester,
reviews: 69
10. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites. Building works

Hi Kazza - we are going in April so will give you an update after our holiday.

After reading many of the reviews of the hotel, the work doesn't seem to detract from the enjoyment and relaxation of the place. I hope that's the case as we weren't aware of the work until we'd booked it.

Rach