We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catalonia Riviera Maya...Beds Like Concrete!

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago,IL
reviews: 4
Catalonia Riviera Maya...Beds Like Concrete!

Ha!

Just kidding, they were regular mattresses,but the firmest I've ever slept on.

They are so firm that when you sit on them they don't give...at all. You hit the bed like it's a wooden bench.

I have a bad back and I thought that would be a good thing, but the first two mornings I was shaken from my sleep by the ever-growing, excruciating pain in my back.

I had to hobble over and take a hot shower just to get back to semi-normal.

I would suggest an air mattress or some kind of mattress pad if you have back problems like me.

I used a camping-type air mattress that went and bought in Cancun...it made a world of difference.

Chryguy

Bristol, United...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Catalonia Riviera Maya...Beds Like Concrete!

Well we are staying in the Barcelo Maya and in all the reviews someone always comments on how hard the beds are. Im working on the assumption that with all the trips, late nights at the shows and disco with my two teenagers that they will wear me out and I will be so exhausted i wont even notice!!

Michigan
2. Re: Catalonia Riviera Maya...Beds Like Concrete!

I stayed at the Catalonia, but I didn't think the beds were too bad. A little firmer for my tasts, but not concrete. People recommend to pack a mattress pad (or ask for one at the front desk) and it makes the world of difference.