We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pregnant at the Catalonia

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Warrington, UK
reviews: 1
Pregnant at the Catalonia

Hi there - Hope there is someone out there who can help me.

In January my family booked our dream holiday to the Catalonia in Jan 2006. I have just found out that I am pregnant (due March 2006) and though technically I will be allowed to fly (will be 30 - 32 wks pregnant whilst on holiday), I am worried about the food making me sick or me requiring medical care.

I really want to have this holiday. Has anyone else been out there whilst they were pregnant?

Thanks

Niki

Michigan
1. Re: Pregnant at the Catalonia

Hi,

I went to Catalonia June 4-11 and although I myself am not pregnant, I saw several pregnant women there. Many were very far along so I don't think you should have a problem. All water is on a filtration system so you can drink all the water and icecubes. I thought the food was very good. To prevent getting sick: stay away from lots of fruit and coconut products- these are things that I found online that enhance stomach problems. I felt fine most of my stay- I think the heat had more to do with it than the food. In my opinion you will be fine!

Acapulco
reviews: 3
2. Re: Pregnant at the Catalonia

With regard to medical care I wouldn t worry too much there are private hospitals both in Playa del Carmen and Cancun where they provide excellent treatment, just make sure you have travel insurance and they are aware that you are pregnant, get it in writing from them so that should you need any medical attention you will be covered. I think you should go and you will have a great time.