We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tours in Ixtapa

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatoon, Canada
tours in Ixtapa

Have booked Ixtapa for Christmas, would like recommendation of good tours in the area. Want to see countryside, ruins? etc. Not interested in fishing and snorkel tours for this trip.

7 replies to this topic
usa
reviews: 39
1. Re: tours in Ixtapa

In trip advisor

Under things to do in Zihuatanejo (will be the same as for Ixtapa)

see Xihuacan Museum and Archeological Site and

Museo Arqueologico de la Costa Grande

these are the same place.

A tour that will show you the countryside other than beaches is one to Petatlan that usually includes stop at coconut plantation and tile making facility. Offered to us by Apple in the past. We did privately but no longer have info. I suspect your hotel can make arrangements for either a group or private tour.

Waukesha, Wisconsin
reviews: 3
2. Re: tours in Ixtapa

I would get a hold of Juan Carlos. Try www.tourswithcarlos.com or juanservitaxi2hotmail.com This is a local family man that has a Mercury Marque and will custom a tour to your liking. You will love this guy!

Ixtapa, Mexico
reviews: 1
3. Re: tours in Ixtapa

These are not the same thing at all. The Museo Arqueologico de la Costa Grande is along the waterfront in downtown Zihuatanejo, the Xihuacan Museum and Archeological Site are a day trip to the town of Soledad de Maciel.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
4. Re: tours in Ixtapa

I second Juan Carlos...a really good man who is from the area...and that way you have supported him and NOT Apple vacations!!

Saskatoon
reviews: 11
5. Re: tours in Ixtapa

You go Judy ... agree with 100% , I support local where I live and travel... why have some conglomerate get all the money

Manitoba
reviews: 15
6. Re: tours in Ixtapa

I agree completely with Travel Judy that you should support the local people when in any area. Multi-Nationals usually hire locally but don't pay them anywhere near what they are worth.

Another local tour provider is Alberto's Services. He is a very friendly man who lives in the area and has a vast knowledge of all local tour sites. He will custom build a tour for you from what your interests arewith prices that will fit any budget. He has a very comfortable SUV that he uses to take you around. His english is excellent and his communication skills are second to none.

Check out his blog for more information and testimony. - www.albertoinzihuatanejo.blogspot.com -

I have used his services a number of times over the past 2 years and would highly reccommend him. He took my wife and I out to the ruins at La Chole with stops in Petatlan for shopping and lunch. Very interisting and informative day. He also took us on a "Get Acquainted" tour of Zihua when we first arrived this past March and showed us a lot of things we didn't know from previous visits over the years.

Don't get caught by using the large tour operators. Use a local person and have a personalized tour customized to your needs, wants, and interests.

Saskatoon, Canada
7. Re: tours in Ixtapa

thank you for the great suggestions

Reply to: tours in Ixtapa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted