We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Azul Ixtapa vs. Azul grand

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Azul Ixtapa vs. Azul grand

Can anyone tell me the differences between the Azul Ixtapa and Azul Grand? The prices are very similar. If you stay at the grand can you use the azul properties too?

Minnesota
reviews: 9
1. Re: Azul Ixtapa vs. Azul grand

PB,

Here is a good review from someone that stayed in the new towers:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g153445-d185…

Keith

Seattle, Washington
2. Re: Azul Ixtapa vs. Azul grand

The Grand is less kid friendly. The Grand has no evening shows, but you can go to the shows at the Azul Ixtapa if staying at the Grand

Edited: 11:34 pm, August 26, 2013
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
3. Re: Azul Ixtapa vs. Azul grand

The Grand has a kids club...so it has to be kid friendly???

Check out around minute 3 of their video...

http://www.azulixtapa.com/Azul-Ixtapa-Grand

Minnesota
reviews: 9
4. Re: Azul Ixtapa vs. Azul grand

They need to make up their mind Judy!!

If you read the review link, the folks that wrote it were told no kids under 14 allowed, then they got there and it was another rug rat parking area.

That wouldn't go over well with a lot of folks.

(me included)

Keith

Seattle, Washington
5. Re: Azul Ixtapa vs. Azul grand

We stayed at the Azul for one week with our kids and grandkids this spring. Then we stayed by ourselves at the Azul Grand for the next week.

I will stand by my statement that the Azul Grand is less kid friendly.

The reason we bought into the Grand was they told us it was an adult only resort. Then they changed their minds after they had our money.

We will use up our points and then probably not return to either one, and just stay in Zih.

Fort Myers, Florida
reviews: 25
6. Re: Azul Ixtapa vs. Azul grand

Gee, sounds like the Azul Ixtapa isn't really all that "grand"! Imagine that, someone selling you a timeshare point package or otherwise and not telling you the truth.

7. Re: Azul Ixtapa vs. Azul grand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 30, 2014