We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunwing Adding new service

Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 6
Sunwing Adding new service

Good news for Canadian Travellers. Sunwing introducing new Direct flights to ZIH from

Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Kelowna and Edmonton.

I know they had previously serviced from Toronto several years ago.

Trail, Canada
reviews: 2
1. Re: Sunwing Adding new service

Thanks SolSeeker !! They even have packages at the Irma and Villa Mexicana , not just the AI's . And from Kelowna even , Excellent eh . This can even mean some last minute deals if they don't all sell out , Buy some tickets so they keep these runs, people .

http://www.sunwing.ca/

Edmonton, Canada
2. Re: Sunwing Adding new service

I was very surprised to see Kelowna. You'd think if they were adding service to Kelowna (where they only previously served Cabo) that they would add MZT or PVR, or even CUN. So it's nice to see something different. I guess the only reason they left Calgary off is because AC and WJ are already doing it and they won't pick up an already competitive route.

Williams Lake, BC...
reviews: 3
3. Re: Sunwing Adding new service

Sunwing is 3000.00 for 2 people to Irma from Vancouver. Last year Expedia was 2100.00 for same package but not direct flight.

hopefully we will see some sales.

Cheers!

Trail, Canada
4. Re: Sunwing Adding new service

I believe that Sunwing has a very liberal FREE luggage allowance of two large bags each and a carry on and a (man)purse . You generous Canadians can probably bring down a charity bag of clothes or always usable sensible shoes , either from your own discards or from a bag provided by a charity thrift shop . A charity thrift shop in our town will even supply the old suitcase as well as the fillings and all you have to do is mule the goods down . There are many organized ways to do this or even as a gift to chambermaid and her circle of friends and family .

Cash is even more portable and appreciated but 49 pounds of goods goes a long way too !

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
5. Re: Sunwing Adding new service

Be very aware that it is illegal to bring in used clothing to Mexico...here is the law...and it is being enforced. A friend of mine got stopped with the red light...and after hours of working with the authorities, and many hours of tears...all her things were taken away when she was presented with the law.

(This link is in English...the one on the actual Mexico government site does not translate.)

…usconsulate.gov/service/travel-information/…

She was given this information from this site...so that from now on, she can do it legally. Mexico is very serious about stopping the flow of used clothing into Mexico...all the comments about her kids coming on a later flight, husband on a later flight, didn't work!!

www.icfdn.org/publications/inkind/index.php

Edited: 10:06 am, July 22, 2013
UNITED STATES
reviews: 48
6. Re: Sunwing Adding new service

If stopped I guess I would just say..."these are my clothes" or I want to dress my doll on the beach...and then just give them away to people when you gets there??

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
7. Re: Sunwing Adding new service

See what I posted...

Mexico is very serious about stopping the flow of used clothing into Mexico...all the comments about her kids coming on a later flight, husband on a later flight, didn't work!!

Trust me...she tried everything...and just more authorities showed up...she has been doing this for years...as I have...and now we both have gotten caught!! Never realized the consequences until you are surrounded by the authorities...and the LEGAL LAW...and those guns are not small!!!!

UNITED STATES
reviews: 48
8. Re: Sunwing Adding new service

Bummer

Trail, Canada
9. Re: Sunwing Adding new service

Yikes !

Well the lucky thing is that so few people get stopped in the first place it's still worth the chance of getting stopped but I do hear the warning and will check the link .

The road to heaven can be paved with good intentions , too .

Maybe mix the charity stuff in with your own to fool the scanners or bring adult items . We had some futbols and bicycle tubes to mix it up , two trips back . On our last trip to Bucerias , a last minute thing , all I had time to prepare were our own items and a bunch of cheap jewelry to give to maids with some cash tips . I had a bunch of jewelry that I didn't get to give out and the other supplies we had left in the room . The maid had to chase us to sign a waiver for her to remove these gifts from the room . We have only stayed at small places previously where such gifts of any sort would be fairly normal .

As time goes by and we see more clearly the disparities in the world , even a cheap guy always leaves cash , first , and stuff as a treat .

Edited: 8:34 pm, July 22, 2013
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
10. Re: Sunwing Adding new service

I see it as the big guy not wanting the little person to have things...sadly. Breaks my heart.

So many inspectors have stolen gifts out of my suitcase for themselves, demanded money to get passports back (in multiple countries when I was doing mission groups)...best dressed families were always the inspection team.

And yes...cash still works!! Right color, size...and always makes for a big smile!