We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have you done any Bay or sunset cruises?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 11
Have you done any Bay or sunset cruises?

In ixtapa or Z has anyone taken a nature cruise or the evening sunset cruise? What company did you use? Is this something I should book before we get there? Also I think the travel company has a conceirge there as well. Maybe do we wait and see what they reccomend? Thank you in advance- please share your experience.

Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 36
1. Re: Have you done any Bay or sunset cruises?

We have done the sunset cruise and I would wait and book it through the hotel or your travel company. The sunset cruise is the Picante out of ZIH. They will have a bus that will pick you up at your hotel. The cost is around $55-60 pp.

Fort Myers, Florida
reviews: 25
2. Re: Have you done any Bay or sunset cruises?

Hife of Jim, sounds like a "Picante Cruise" may be just what you are looking for. Very nice people and you can book direct or wait until you get there. Send them an e-mail to www.picantecruises.com and you'll get a nice reply. They offer several different types of cruises on different days.

Edited: 8:03 am, March 18, 2013
Fort Myers, Florida
3. Re: Have you done any Bay or sunset cruises?

Sorry about that, should have been "Wife" not hife.

Dallas, Tx
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
reviews: 66
4. Re: Have you done any Bay or sunset cruises?

Please look to the right hand side of your post for "Top Questions" and then click on Bay & Ocean Cruises. You might consider a day on the water with fishing and/or snorkeling which will include the nature cruise.

Chicago, Illinois
5. Re: Have you done any Bay or sunset cruises?

Thanks all!

Gary- I did read that link at the top. I am interested in what others have done and what they real peoples experiences have been. I am not sure if one company is better than another.

I think I will look into Picante Crusies. I am ready to trade in snow boots for flip flops! It is snowing here as I type.

Dallas, Tx
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
reviews: 66
6. Re: Have you done any Bay or sunset cruises?

If you click on the top green header for "Things to Do" and then click on "Activities" you will find many members reviews for all types of different activities in the area.

Illinois
reviews: 7
7. Re: Have you done any Bay or sunset cruises?

Jimswife, we did the Picante snorkel trip a few years ago. It was a lot of fun but the snorkeling was disappointing compared to other places we've gone. The best part of the trip was the scenery from the water and watching whales. I'm glad we did it.

Wisconsin Rapids...
reviews: 17
8. Re: Have you done any Bay or sunset cruises?

Just did the Picante Sunset Cruise, the meal or hourdorves were good. Drinks were good, not watered down at all. It is worth it, very nice atmosphere.

Chicago, Illinois
9. Re: Have you done any Bay or sunset cruises?

Thanks so much everyone. I appreciate the feedback. We are going soon and I hope we close can still see whales. Im a little afraid there wont be enough there to do......just a week to lay on the beach tan, and have drinks!

Fort Myers, Florida
10. Re: Have you done any Bay or sunset cruises?

We have gone back 25 years straight and still find new and exciting things to do each year we return. If you don't get off the beach, you're right, you won't find enough to do. This is a safe destination so get out and about, explore the town and talk to others including the locals. Start with a 9 peso (each way) bus ride between Ixtapa and Zihua.

Edited: 8:14 am, March 19, 2013