We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Azul Ixtpa- Have you been lately???

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 11
Azul Ixtpa- Have you been lately???

I have switched hotels to stay here and wondering if anyone has been recently? I am also wondering if we can get coffee from room service? Do the All Inclusives have top shelf liqors?

thnak you in advance!

Minnesota
1. Re: Azul Ixtpa- Have you been lately???

We were just there 1/28-2/3 We are not coffee drinkers but I think you can get juice, coffee, pastry's from room service for a fee each day. I think the fee is right around $4 a day.

Not sure on the liquor but I drink tequila and the top brand was Jose Cuervo Anejo.

Have fun when we were there the place was dead Monday-Thursday and just a little busy over the weekend. Beautiful resort!

Chicago, Illinois
2. Re: Azul Ixtpa- Have you been lately???

Thank you so much! I also was wondering about the beach...is it nice and clean and safe to swimnin. I am seeing that some areas have very rough water and waves.

Minnesota
3. Re: Azul Ixtpa- Have you been lately???

The Azul has a nice hard packed sand beach, black and gold specs in the sand make it darker. Very safe beach we swam every day, out over our heads and never had unsafe swimming. It is very sheltered from the big waves because Isla Ixtapa shelters it.

We walked Playa Linda a few times much bigger waves on Linda, if you walk far enough down (mouth of river) you can watch the surfers. If you walk the street towards Ixtapa around the new Azul Grand you will see a parking lot you can get to Playa Quieta (sp?) which has a beautiful white sand beach, Club Med is on this beach, the locals have told us it's the nicest beach in the area.

The island is right across from the Azul just walk down to the Pier and buy a ticket for the water taxi ($4 each) and spend a day there.

Wausau, WI
4. Re: Azul Ixtpa- Have you been lately???

**BUMP**

I would also like anyone who's been there recently to post any relevant comments; thanks!

Latest review "Amazing Time" was a nice post, BTW

Chicago, Illinois
5. Re: Azul Ixtpa- Have you been lately???

Thanks help! I would also love contact info for the hotel....I am only finding a phone number in Mx. I need to email them a few questions.....it makes me nervous there is no contact at all besides a number I cant dial. Any room tips. Or suggestions would be wonderful! Thanks.

Minnesota
6. Re: Azul Ixtpa- Have you been lately???

We always request main building so we are centrally located to everything. Also we like to be on the 16/17 floor not to high but not to low. Make your ala cart reservations upon check in so you can get good times.

We were just there in Jan/Feb had a great time, hotel was pretty dead except for weekends. Watch your towels first time ever we had the maid take beach towels out of the room when she cleaned.

We were there with 4 teens and everyone had a fantastic time, perfect weather every day 88 and sunshine!

midwest
reviews: 3
7. Re: Azul Ixtpa- Have you been lately???

Are there ocean view balconies at Azul?

Seattle, Washington
8. Re: Azul Ixtpa- Have you been lately???

I believe all or most of the balconies ocean view.

Wausau, WI
9. Re: Azul Ixtpa- Have you been lately???

If anyone can shed some light on room types it would be appreciated. We are booked in a Deluxe Ocean View. I'm not sure if that includes a balcony or not.

It's hard to get a grip on room types from the Apple site. There are 11 room types listed, and some are duplicates. The Azul site is all "en espanol" and not very detailed.

I'm in the "you don't spend much time in the room" crowd so coffee makers, hot tubs, and flat screen TVs w English channels doesn't concern me much. But I do like having a balcony!

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
10. Re: Azul Ixtpa- Have you been lately???

If you had a good travel agent they would be able to help you...but apparently you just go online.

Deluxe oceanview's do NOT have balconies. But the Deluxe Balcony category of course does...as do the Jr. Suite OceanView with Balcony category.