We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

club med

Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
reviews: 20
club med

i tried to do a search in this forum but only posts from 5 and 6 years ago come up?? Im wondering about Club Med. are there alot of kids? are the rooms in 3 level buildings? how is the pool? i looked thru some pics buit they are not filtered -i saw only one pool??

Minnesota
reviews: 6
1. Re: club med

Go to the Club Med Ixtapa site and look though their virtual tours.

Should answer your layout questions:

clubmed.us/cm/…

As for kids, Club Meds are all Family Oriented Destinations, expect them.

Be aware that Club Med is not in Ixtapa on the main beach, but North a ways if that matters to you.

Keith

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
2. Re: club med

its still on the beach tho , right??

ive come to realize there are no resorts in Ixtapa like in The Riviera Maya so im just trying to find something with a nice big pool with a big area for chairs around it and nice beach.

Minnesota
3. Re: club med

Yup on the beach.

No there are not any of the sprawling 15 acre resorts in the I/Z area.

About the largest with multiple pools is the Azul Ixtapa. (formerly the Melia Azul)

You can see the main beach in Ixtapa here:

www.webcamsdemexico.com/webcam-ixtapa.html

This webcam is based at the Barcelo, which may suit you also.

Keith

Fort Myers, Florida
reviews: 25
4. Re: club med

Try Sunscapes Dorado. Big pool with 3 destinct areas. One for kids, one for volleyball and one with a swim up bar for adults. Lots of pool deck chairs plus many on the beach. You also have a 2 mile stretch of beach plus shops and restaurants across the street. IMO still the best spot in Ixtapa.

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
5. Re: club med

how is the undertow in Ixtapa?? In Cabo it was pretty bad..had to be super careful in water.

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
6. Re: club med

Sunscape looks really nice too -- now im really confused.. How far is it from IXTAPA?? IM assuming a short bus ride??

Minnesota
7. Re: club med

Sunscape is Dead Center of the main beach in Ixtapa.

Keith

Miami, Florida
reviews: 13
8. Re: club med

beautiful big pool, beautiful beach - best in Ixtapa - safe for swimming and water sports...check clubmed.us website for photos...enjoy!

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
9. Re: club med

so the Club Med in Ixtapa isnt kid orientated?? we defiently dont want a resort with lots of kids. I was hoping to find an adults only resort but that wont happen from all the info Ive found.

Minnesota
10. Re: club med

Closest that you will find in the area to adult only is the Las Brisas on their Club Room floors. No kiddies allowed.

Their Pools are also separated into family and adult only.

Keith