We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel to Zihua via Mexico City

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Escanaba, Michigan
reviews: 11
travel to Zihua via Mexico City

its been a while since we last had to travel through Mexico City. we are flying on Delta with carry ons only and have about 2 hours. can anyone give me tips, advise or directions on our layover in Mexico City?

Ixtapa, Mexico
reviews: 14
1. Re: travel to Zihua via Mexico City

Two hours is enough time even if you change terminal. I assume you will be flying Aeromexico to Zih. My only advice is to check the monitors for your gate number and double check at the counter. The terminal is noisy, the announcements are difficult to understand in any language, last minute gate changes are frequent.

Queretaro, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Queretaro
reviews: 10
2. Re: travel to Zihua via Mexico City

You will need to clear immigration and customs in Mexico City but you will remain in Terminal 2. You should be fine.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 152
3. Re: travel to Zihua via Mexico City

The Pacific Coast forum page has comments in "Top Questions".

Lewiston, California
reviews: 67
4. Re: travel to Zihua via Mexico City

My wife just flew SFO to GBX (Guanajuato) changing planes on Aeromexico through MC. No problems although got a red light in customs. All their gates are together so 2 hours is plenty of time.

Big Apple
reviews: 12
5. Re: travel to Zihua via Mexico City

When we flew Delta to MC we had to get new boarding passes. As you exit Delta gate and follow signs to Correspondence you will pass Aeromexico counter, where they will issue new boarding passes. Then on through passport control and customs which is located near baggage claim area. Then through security again. Head for Gate 75 where, in all likelihood, your ZIH flight will be called. Of course, check the departure boards in case of change.

6. Re: travel to Zihua via Mexico City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 30, 2014