We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Brisas Beach Club

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Las Brisas Beach Club

Your thoughts on whether it is worth upgrade price of 60$ per night, wondering if the rooms have better furnishings on the porch...we like to live out there! Some of the photos show upgraded patio furniture and that is something I would pay extra for...breakfast would be an added bonus.

Have stayed here many times before but never Beach club room..

Thank you.

Gurnee, Illinois
Level Contributor
276 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Las Brisas Beach Club

The room furnishings were the same on the Beach Club floor as the rooms we have had on floors 16,18,and 19. This will be our 10th trip of which we have done the Beach Club 3 times. Personally I don't like the hot buffet in the Las Brisas restaurant. A small plate of fruit and pastries is more my style.

$60 a night is fair for the convenience of the continental breakfast and evening cocktail hour. That said we haven't decided if we will upgrade to the Beach Club this year. You usually get to know a few of your fellow guests as the dining area consists of several tables in the hallway and a small room where there are more tables and the food and drinks are set up on the countertops. Hopefully this helps you to decide.

Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Las Brisas Beach Club

Thank you for your reply, I was hoping that there might be more comfortable seating on the porch, some of the photos seemed to indicate this was the case on the LB website, haven't been back for 3 years

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
246 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Las Brisas Beach Club

I think if you are looking for the larger wooden loungers with cushions that are in some of the website photos, they are only in the "Suites"...I think.

Outside of the Junior Suites/deluxe suites (with plunge pools) the rooms would have standard balcony furniture. I think anything that is a "room" and not a "suite" has the wooden chairs (i.e. not loungers) with no cushions that I am sure you are familiar with - this would include the Brisas Beach Club rooms...if that is what you are looking for.

Can anyone confirm this though? Keith, how was your balcony seating in your Junior Suite?

Pending drinks provided in the Brisas Club lounge, the cocktail hour might be the best part of the room category due to the higher prices at Las Brisas. 6 weeks ago when we were there a gin & tonic at the resort was $110 pesos or about $9, so drinks alone might pay for your daily upgrade fee!

Level Contributor
78 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: Las Brisas Beach Club

We choose to stay in the Las Brisas Beach Club levels each trip - no children, great breakfasts and the oh, so wonderful cocktail hours! Sandy_Calgary is correct - only the suites would have the loungers with cushions. But the Beach Club rooms are perfect for that relaxation, even without the cushioned loungers.

Level Contributor
4,909 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Las Brisas Beach Club

Hi Sandy!

In the Jr Suites that we have stayed in all three were set up the same.

South side balcony has the Jacuzzi and Hammock hooks.

North side has a padded lounger, a padded bench seat, and a small table with two chairs to one side, and the padded bench seat to the other. The table is situated under the overhang in the semi-shaded area of the balcony.

There is a 3/4 length wall that separates the two balconies. On the North side this is where the padded bench seat is situated.

The Jacuzzi is guest fill-able and drains to a trough that is below the balcony end wall.

Dual patio doors. Bed side opens to the Jacuzzi side, seating area side opens to the table and lounge.

Seating area is a couch (more love seat size) coffee table and two chairs.

Dining area is just inside the entry doorway. Heavy wooden table and four padded wooden chairs. Across from the dining table is a counter top with the servi-bar, coffee maker and bottled water service. Counter is about eight feet long along the entry wall.

Hallway to the the bathroom ends in the closet space with safe, to the right is the bathroom entry, to the left is a make-up table and facial sink.

Bedroom side has King bed, two end tables and chest of drawers across from the foot of the bed and against a semi-room divider. Flat screen T.V. on a swivel stand that can be pointed towards the bedroom area or the seating area.

Think that is about it for layout.

Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Las Brisas Beach Club

We upgraded to a jr. suite a few years ago and it was absolutely heavenly.

Level Contributor
1,398 posts
228 reviews
7. Re: Las Brisas Beach Club

Is the continental breakfast for the Beach Club a hot buffet? Or American-style continental with fruit, pastries, etc as MMouse mentioned?

The HH is cocktails as well as snacks, correct?

We upgraded for our upcoming stay and think (and hope) it'll be worth the $$ :)

8. Re: Las Brisas Beach Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 17, 2014