We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Feb 1st - 15th Roll Call

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 36
Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Feb 1st - 15th Roll Call

We will be at the Sunscape again for the 2nd year in a row for 15 days and my group (32 wisconsinite cheeseheads) will be arriving on Feb 8th for 8 days!! We are hoping to see the Packers in the Super Bowl this year and the Dorado puts on another great Super Bowl beach party!! Ted&Julie

Madison, Wisconsin
11. Re: Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Feb 1st - 15th Roll Call

speed0 - If you are looking at AI in Ixtapa I would recommend reviewing these resorts in order Sunscape, Barceló, Presidente (oceanfront rooms or pool view rooms), Park Royal and for the real budget minded Tesoro (a simple 3 star AI). Give me some ideas of what you are looking for in an AI (dinner ala cartes, high end liquor, stocked refrigerators in the room, room safes, etc.......) Only 12 more days!! Ted&Julie

Vancouver Island...
12. Re: Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Feb 1st - 15th Roll Call

Thanks for the reply. Yes, high end liquor, ala cartre restaurants, stocked fridge and room safes. I guess a little toward the higher end. The girls want a nice place.

Edited: 11:18 am, January 20, 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
13. Re: Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Feb 1st - 15th Roll Call

Sunscape Dorado Pacifico!!! Ted&Julie

Minnesota
reviews: 6
14. Re: Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Feb 1st - 15th Roll Call

When you guys get there you might want to give them a little bit of a bad time about not answering any of the reviews on TA any longer!

(stirring the pot a bit!)

Keith

Madison, Wisconsin
15. Re: Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Feb 1st - 15th Roll Call

Keith - I will do that. They have been really good on responsing to my direct e-mails in a timely manner!! Ted&Julie

reviews: 2
16. Re: Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Feb 1st - 15th Roll Call

We will be at the Sunscape Dorado from February 15-22nd. We also live in Wisconsin, Green Bay in fact. This is our first trip to Ixtapa and we are looking forward to it. It looks like a nice quaint place. Any room number suggestions?

Madison, Wisconsin
17. Re: Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Feb 1st - 15th Roll Call

pontiac - If you like sunny and warm weather you will like Ixtapa! For your room number it really depends on what type of room you booked (partial oceanview, full oceanview or family junior suite)?? Last we were on the 16th floor (really 6th floor) and really had a great view. Only 8 more days for us!! Ted&Julie

Illinois
reviews: 7
18. Re: Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Feb 1st - 15th Roll Call

Pontiac, my daughter graduated from St Norbert College last May. We miss our trips to DePere! She dearly loves Ixtapa (we all do). For "quaint," go to Zihua for shopping and dinner.

Edited: 3:15 pm, January 24, 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
19. Re: Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Feb 1st - 15th Roll Call

We will be there Friday afternoon for happy hour!!! Ted&Julie

Minneapolis...
20. Re: Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Feb 1st - 15th Roll Call

We'll be there the 10th thru the 14th for a short "girls trip". I've been to ixtapa several times but I'm bringing both sisters and Mom along to escape our freezing rain and sub zero temps here in Minnesota. Can't wait! I hope Franks still has their "Amazing Shrimp"... YuMMM