We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Feb 1st - 15th Roll Call

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 38
Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Feb 1st - 15th Roll Call

We will be at the Sunscape again for the 2nd year in a row for 15 days and my group (32 wisconsinite cheeseheads) will be arriving on Feb 8th for 8 days!! We are hoping to see the Packers in the Super Bowl this year and the Dorado puts on another great Super Bowl beach party!! Ted&Julie

Fort Myers, Florida
reviews: 25
1. Re: Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Feb 1st - 15th Roll Call

We had "Chicago" relatives in town for Christmas. For the next week, they are big Packer fans all of a sudden. Go figure! 44 days and counting.

Madison, Wisconsin
2. Re: Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Feb 1st - 15th Roll Call

I am in the same boat but I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago and moved to Wisconsin in the early 80's to go to college and never went back!! Ted enjoy your trip down out of Milwaukee with my group of 32 from Cambridge!! You will know who they are pretty quick when you see the airport bar full before boarding the plane!! Ted&Julie

Fort Myers, Florida
reviews: 25
3. Re: Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Feb 1st - 15th Roll Call

I hope you informed them how to dress for that flight. Shorts, T-shirt, Packer or Badger hat. Tennis shoes are ok considering you may have to negotiate a snow drift or two getting into Milwaukee's airport but flip flops are better, suck it up. Warm ups are optional but tend to get bulky when you have to stuff them somewhere as you exit the plane in Zihua. A fanny pack is so 80s but still acceptable as you will need your hands free for that first Corona. After that, they're on their own.

Madison, Wisconsin
4. Re: Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Feb 1st - 15th Roll Call

This is our 9th Sports Page group trip (1st group trip was to the Barcelo-Ixtapa-44 people) and most are season veteran's!! None of them have to worry about driving because they are taking a Lamar Motor Coach from the Sports Page Bar & Grille in Cambridge that morning so they will have bloody’ s, screwdrivers or mimosa’s in hand already!! I think the owners of the place even has group t-shirts this year!! Ted&Julie

Madison, Wisconsin
5. Re: Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Feb 1st - 15th Roll Call

33 more days!! Another couple of inches of snow in south centratl Wisconsin so the beaches of Ixtapa can not come quick enough!! Ted&Julie

Madison, Wisconsin
6. Re: Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Feb 1st - 15th Roll Call

28 more days until 85+ degree weather for 2 weeks. Ted&Julie

Madison, Wisconsin
7. Re: Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Feb 1st - 15th Roll Call

23 more days! Found out from the resort they are fully booked for the first two weeks of February! I hope they have my requested room ready!! Ted&Julie

Madison, Wisconsin
8. Re: Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Feb 1st - 15th Roll Call

Only 16 more days until the Sunscape/Dorado Pacifico and having a great time with J Jesus Garcia's resort staff for two weeks! The weather change will only be a difference of 65 degrees Fahrenheit!! Ted&Julie

Madison, Wisconsin
9. Re: Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Feb 1st - 15th Roll Call

2 weeks from this morning!! The weather is turning cold in Wisconsin so the relief of Ixtapa sun will be a great treat for 15 days!! Ted&Julie

Vancouver Island...
10. Re: Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Feb 1st - 15th Roll Call

Hi Ted and Julie! I hope you have a great vacation. I know you guys have been to Ixtapa many times and I hope you can give me some advice on accomodation. My wife and her best friend are looking at an AI . They want good food and drinks, nice pool, and beach palapas, They just like to chill and relax, maybe take a few jaunts into Zihua. They don't want to break the bank, but want a quality resort.

Thank you for any info, have a great vacation...sorry about the hijack, and sorry about your Packers!