We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Roll Call Jan.16-30

Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg
reviews: 4
Barcelo Roll Call Jan.16-30

Hello all

Back to the Barcelo Ixtapa for our 15th time.

Just wondering who might be there this time around?

FARGO, ND
1. Re: Barcelo Roll Call Jan.16-30

Hi

It will be our second time there. Jan 27 thru Feb 3. Will be there with my spouse, brother and sister in law and 2 friends. It will be so nice to be warm...it was -12F last night. Wish we were leaving tomorrow!

Winnipeg
2. Re: Barcelo Roll Call Jan.16-30

Hello Fargo

Nice to hear from u. Yes............it's been a cool Xmas!! But it's sunny.

High of -20c and low of -26c.

The warm temps. of Ixtapa will be nice.

Come by and say hello.We sit on the beach usually on the left side in front of the villas. Ask the lifeguard where Gato Gordo(my Ixtapa nickname) is sitting. I will buy the first drink.

Winnipeg
3. Re: Barcelo Roll Call Jan.16-30

Almost Jan.1st and not many replies.

Does this mean the Barcelo will not be very crowded?

Fort Myers, Florida
reviews: 25
4. Re: Barcelo Roll Call Jan.16-30

No, I believe you'll find a good size crowd there. It just seems that many who have posted on this board recently prefer either the Sunscapes Dorado or places in Zihua. Sunscapes has done a big marketing job since they purchased it but as you know, just like yourself, the Barcelo has many return customers that know and appreciate the value they offer there.

We've got friends from Winnipeg we see every February in Ixtapa. One of these "summers" we'll have to head north catch them in their natural habitat.

Winnipeg
5. Re: Barcelo Roll Call Jan.16-30

Hi Ted

The biggest negative for me at the Barcelo is the buffet. It has gone "south" the last few years. Why don't u come "north" now. It's a balmy -26c right now.

Add in the wind chill and it's-36c.

Fort Myers, Florida
reviews: 25
6. Re: Barcelo Roll Call Jan.16-30

We're in Wisconsin yet for the holidays then back South until Ixtapa. Unlike you guys, we've got make believe winter, 3 inches of snow and 25 degrees F.

Winnipeg
7. Re: Barcelo Roll Call Jan.16-30

I can only wish for such mild temps.but u have experienced a cold winter before. The Fort Myers threw me off.

Winnipeg
8. Re: Barcelo Roll Call Jan.16-30

Last call for the Barcelo.

Sure has been quite.

Edmonton, Alberta
reviews: 8
9. Re: Barcelo Roll Call Jan.16-30

Wishing you a fantastic holiday at the Barcelo. We returned this morning after a 2 week stay. Will post a review within the next couple of days, but I would suggest that you get an antibiotic from your doctor before you go in case you end up with a stomach bug that many of the people were suffering from while we were there. We are a family of 4 and we all had it in varying degrees. Mine ended up having the hotel doc attend at the room twice. Another person from our flight ended up spending the night in the private clinic to get re-hydrated. Unfortunately, the reviews about the food are not exaggerating.

Winnipeg
10. Re: Barcelo Roll Call Jan.16-30

Oh No.

Thanks for the heads up Brenrich.

Tell me a little more about the food please.

Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa