We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What resort ?

Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
reviews: 7
What resort ?

We are looking at TESORO or PARK ROYAL for our first visit to Ixtapa ? Anyone been there recently ? Good or Bad ? I see mixed reviews on both . I NEED a clean room, NICE beach, good food and a good drink ! Thanks for any input !

Minnesota
reviews: 6
1. Re: What resort ?

Are you trading in from a timeshare? The reason that I ask is Park Royal is managed as a TS and Tesoro is managed as TS and Condos.

If you give us an idea of what you are looking for we can try to help ya out a bit better.

European Plan:

Krystal has been renovating their rooms, and is a mid beach location with shopping and food right across the street.

Emporio is quieter, good service three buildings south of Krystal, but no balconies.

Las Brisas is more isolated, killer views but pricy of the food.

All Inclusive:

Sunscape Dorado is between the Krystal and Emporio. Rooms newly renovated. Part of the AM Resorts chain (secret, dreams, zoe welltree spas) with killer views from the Family Suites. Very clean. All rooms are Non Smoking.

Barcelo next step down from the above. Reasonable upgrade prices to suites.

Reviews on this site are very close to spot on for the areas hotels.

Keith

Iowa
2. Re: What resort ?

THX ! No condo trade- just doing resort room would like an AI. We have been to the East side the last two years and want to see Ixtapa. We do not need a 5 star but we do want it pleasant . thx

Minnesota
3. Re: What resort ?

ST,

Here is the Barcelo's webcam:

www.webcamsdemexico.com/webcam-ixtapa.html

As you can see, you don't want to expect the large sprawling areas of the AIs on the east coast.

Keith

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
4. Re: What resort ?

Keep in mind that the Tesoro does not guarantee oceanviews...some of their tour operator rooms will be on the roof...and you have the a/c units as a view...and it is 50% condos/timeshare and 50% hotel...built as a regular hotel lobby...one bar at a time, 2 restaurants...noise level pretty loud!!

Park Royal is totally all inclusive...some rooms have not been renovated for years...so really no guarantee.

The Dorado has been kept up better...maintaining better standards...

Why Ixapa?? Why not a nice hotel in Zihuatanejo, and enjoy the wonderful restaurants and beaches in Zihua...

Minnesota
5. Re: What resort ?

Mmmmmmmmmmmm because they want A.I.?

(chuckle)

Keith

Monument, Colorado
reviews: 1
6. Re: What resort ?

Typical...........

Some things never change.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
7. Re: What resort ?

Retemrap...now that was certainly helpful to the poster.

So what would your suggestion be?

Monument, Colorado
reviews: 1
8. Re: What resort ?

TravelJudy- My suggestion would be for the poster to not read your posts always trying to steer people to Zih instead of Ixtapa. Go crab at someone else.

oregon
reviews: 8
9. Re: What resort ?

If you can afford Dorado Pacifico it might be nicer, its really a great hotel. I think Barcelo is quite large and programmed. Can't speak to Tesoro or Park Royal. There is also Azul and Club Med, but they are in a more isolated area of Ixtapa. Dorado Pacifico was clean when I went there in early 2010, but it wasn't an AI, and I don't know how the food it now that its an AI.

Iowa
10. Re: What resort ?

Thx for the website ! looks interesting ! looking forward to seeing Ixtapa /Zih

Thx again

Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa