We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A big salute to the General

Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Myers, Florida
reviews: 25
A big salute to the General

The General is cracked of to be just what people here have been saying. We visited on 3 occasions in the last 2 weeks. Had an American breakfast. Then we stopped there for lunch and then returned another evening for dinner. You gotta love this guy. The even we stopped for dinner, upon entering, he greeted us and said, “ my kitchen is so backed up right now that I wouldn’t even be able to take your order for at least half an hour. If you’d like to come back later or maybe another night, I’ll understand”. I noticed an empty table for 2 and said, I really appreciate your honesty. How about if you bring us a couple of margaritas, we’ll just enjoy the people watching and you can get to us when things cool down. Well 2 margaritas and 45 minutes later my wife was enjoying a great chili relleno and I was experiencing some of the best polo quesadillas I’ve ever had.

We meet his wife who is a real sweetheart and his two lovely little girls. He’s got a well trained and friendly staff that epitomize the Mexican hospitality. If the General fails there, it’ll be because of the economy and not him. Looking forward to seeing him (still in business) upon our next trip.

Williams Lake, BC...
reviews: 3
1. Re: A big salute to the General

Visiting "The General" is one of the reasons we have returned to the area 8 years in a row. First Frank's, then Chili Beans, and now his own restaurant. He is a character, and a friend. It is good to hear him doing well.

Cheers!

Illinois
reviews: 7
2. Re: A big salute to the General

Could you tell us where his place is located? Thanks.

Fort Myers, Florida
reviews: 25
3. Re: A big salute to the General

When you approach Senior Frogs, walk around the right side of the building and the General is about 150 feet past. You're in for a pleasant experience, Enjoy!

Edited: 3:19 pm, February 26, 2012
4. Re: A big salute to the General

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, June 17, 2013