We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krystal Dollar exchange

Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles...
reviews: 4
Krystal Dollar exchange

Hello,

someone gave a review and stated that the Krystal does not exchange dollars anymore.

They always did it before even when I stayed at the Doado. I can't tell if the poster was just P.O. or telling the truth.

Can anyone who stayed there recently let me know. I hate ATM and would rather just buy from home then.

Thanks,

B.K.

Queretaro, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Queretaro
reviews: 7
1. Re: Krystal Dollar exchange

Many resorts have stopped exchanged dollars so I have no reason to doubt the poster. (I WAS recently at the Krystal but have no idea if they were exchanging dollars - sorry.)

Illinois
2. Re: Krystal Dollar exchange

Steve, anything new at the Krystal? We're going in March and no one has posted a review lately. Kinda nervous about it but we're not too fussy.

Queretaro, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Queretaro
3. Re: Krystal Dollar exchange

I am not a "large resort" kind of guy. When we went it was hard to get a chair on the beach, hard to get a chair by the pool, hard to get a table at the restaurant, hard to find a parking space etc. (why people insist that these resorts are stress-free I don't know!). Hopefully it will be less busy when you are there. We never ate at the restaurant - lots of nice places across the road for half the price. Although the hotel is showing its age a bit we liked our rooms, pool was spacious and we had a great view from the 10th floor.

My only major compaint was that I had inquired about wifi and was told it was available in the room but nobody could tell me how much it cost. When I arrived they told me it was 178 pesos a day but it wasn't available in our particular room! I used it in the lobby (for free) but got bitten by mossies quite a bit. Just irritated they didn't tell me up front!

los angeles...
4. Re: Krystal Dollar exchange

Can anyone else confirm or deny the the dollar exchange ?

New Berlin...
reviews: 16
5. Re: Krystal Dollar exchange

Just returned from The Sunscape Dorado Pacifico. They exchanged our dollars gladly. Had to show a passport. Got 12.8 per $.

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 19
6. Re: Krystal Dollar exchange

Hey Bigkid,

I've stayed here many times and they DO NOT do money exchange.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
7. Re: Krystal Dollar exchange

Here's an article explaining it all....it has the government law in it...read it and realize they are ASKING to NOT use US Dollars...

Where is there a hotel in the USA that will exchange Mexican pesos for dollars from their Mexican guests??

The currency in Mexico is the peso...please let's use them.

thepeoplesvoice.org/TPV3/Voices.php/2011/02/…

los angeles...
8. Re: Krystal Dollar exchange

I thought this was kinda strange coming up from a year ago.

That trip passed and looking forward to the next in 2 weeks.

Electra stores has a bank [?] in the back that was happy to exchange for me at a great rate at the time. Taxi driver told me about them. Will only exchange 300 at the time

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
9. Re: Krystal Dollar exchange

The Azteca Bank...where the Mexicans get the money wired to them from the USA.

Minnesota
10. Re: Krystal Dollar exchange

Just got back last night and our hotel (The Azul) no longer exchanged dollars and after stopping at three banks I finally found one that would. It's directly behind Rueben's Burgers It is called Intercam Servicios Financieros bring your passport