We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing improving rapidly

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Kelowna, Canada
reviews: 3
Fishing improving rapidly

Just for information:

Conditions have been improving dramatically this week. Early in the week, the fishing was as it had been this last several weeks; slow. Then Jaime Morales, the owner of the Vamonos Fleet, reported to me things started turning around on Tuesday.

The entire area is averaging a surface water temperature of 87º, and the blue water has come back in to about 12 miles. The game fish are coming with the favorable water conditions. On Tuesday the Vamonos I found a floating log and took a 20 pound dorado, a sailfish, and a very nice rainbow runner off it. Plus, Jaime's panga took a blue marlin only 4 miles in front of Zihuatanejo Bay. Other pangas also report several sailfish and a couple more blue marlin.

On Wed. the Vamonos I, with Leigh Bingham and friend Chris Forgham of Denver caught three sailfish. Martin, on the Nautilus also picked up a couple more. Remember, all of this is going on during the full moon period, so next week should be very good fishing.

Roosterfish and jack crevalle action remains strong.

Published elsewhere by Ed Kunze

I would like to add Leigh used "Before you Go" here on TA to book the Vamonos 1

1. Re: Fishing improving rapidly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, December 09, 2009