We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have VivaAerobus flights from PE to Mc gotten more reliable

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Escondido hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Fe
reviews: 13
Have VivaAerobus flights from PE to Mc gotten more reliable

I have already booked this flight to go meet a tour in Mex. City and I'm hoping their service has gotten more reliable since a post here in August. Anyone used them recently? I also have friends getting ready to use them.

Michigan
reviews: 6
1. Re: Have VivaAerobus flights from PE to Mc gotten more reliable

You may want to read this recent post on the Huatulco forum regarding VivaAerobus. It doesn't look good!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150789-i740-k5777…

2. Re: Have VivaAerobus flights from PE to Mc gotten more reliable

I flew from MC to PC on jan 14 with no problems at all! Just make sure you arrive early to avoid the lines!

San Antonio,TX
reviews: 2
3. Re: Have VivaAerobus flights from PE to Mc gotten more reliable

Please let me know how was your experience with this airline. I am planning to fly back from PE to Mc in June. I also saw they offer the express pass...similar to Southwest Airlines early bird so you can pick your seats and board before anyone else.

Thanks.

Vancouver Canada
reviews: 2
4. Re: Have VivaAerobus flights from PE to Mc gotten more reliable

I flew into PE on VivoAerobus Jan 8 - no problems at all. Would fly them again without hesitation. Plane wasn't very full so even without reserved seating I had a window seat and a whole row to myself. It's only an hour in the air, so no frills was fine with me...

miami
reviews: 23
5. Re: Have VivaAerobus flights from PE to Mc gotten more reliable

i am jumping into this post.

i need to fly from Mc to PE in early april. What are the airline options besides Viva. which is more reliable.

thanks

Queretaro, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Queretaro
reviews: 9
6. Re: Have VivaAerobus flights from PE to Mc gotten more reliable

Aeromar.

Puerto Escondido...
7. Re: Have VivaAerobus flights from PE to Mc gotten more reliable

I've flown several times with VivaAerobus, each way ... no problemas but I guess there's always a first time. So far, so good. Will be flying out with them again end of April. Buy the VIP Pass for ease of check-in and boarding for the MEX to PXM leg.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 1
8. Re: Have VivaAerobus flights from PE to Mc gotten more reliable

Bumping up this post again - how early is early enough to get in to the airport before the flight?

If my stop-over in Mexico City is 2-3 hours, will this be long enough for me to change for Viva?

I'm flying in from NYC, and if I book as a single journey the travel time is 22 hours (without the option for a direct flight from NY) whereas if I book two separate flights (NY-MC, MC-PE) then I can choose direct flights to MC from JFK.

The same goes for my departing trip, I'll be flying to Cabo via MC.

For context, I'm booking these flights from Australia.

Queretaro, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Queretaro
reviews: 9
9. Re: Have VivaAerobus flights from PE to Mc gotten more reliable

effseedee - you will have to clear immigration, collect bags, clear customs in Mexico City, exit the secure area and line up for check in at Vivaaerobus. If you have checked in online (Vivaaerobus) and are booked VivaRegular you can do this 45 minutes before departure - if not, then it is 2 hours. Depending on your incoming airline you may have to change terminals which can take 20-30 minutes. Having missed my last 2 connections because of late flights (despite having a long layover time) I am a bit paranoid (!) so personally I would opt for more time is possible.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 1
10. Re: Have VivaAerobus flights from PE to Mc gotten more reliable

Thanks SteveMex. That's really valuable information to know! Looks like we may have to stay overnight in MC just in case.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Escondido