We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Via Rail sleeping accommodations

Which Canada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Central Michingan
reviews: 15
Via Rail sleeping accommodations

I cannot find anything on the Via Rail website regarding sleeping accommodations. Are there private compartments with bathroon or at least toile and sink? I can't imagine being on a train for 3 days and using common/shared bath facilities.

Thank you

Sheila

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 70
1. Re: Via Rail sleeping accommodations

Hi Sheila;

This previous post explains about the onboard accommodations.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g153339-i49-k10487…

Best Regards

Ottawa
2. Re: Via Rail sleeping accommodations

Dear Sheila:

There is actually quite a bit of information on the VIA website. Here is a link through the section on the transcontinental “Canadian” train, but you can also find similar information by clicking on the “Trains” button on the home page and going to other routes. There are further links from this page to descriptions of individual accommodation types.

viarail.ca/en/…classes

In answer to your question, the private room accommodations have toilet and sink, enclosed in the case of doubles and triples, in room in the case of a “Cabin for 1” (AKA roomette). The Renaissance equipment used on the "Ocean " train between Halifax and Montreal have in-room showers in the deluxe accommodations. On other trains the shower compartment is a shared facility, one per car. The upper and lower berth accommodations share washroom facilities, 2 restrooms among a maximum of six passengers (i.e. 3 uppers and 3 lowers.)

3. Re: Via Rail sleeping accommodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, November 15, 2010