We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surf Lessons near Barra de Navidad

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Barra de Navidad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sandpoint, Idaho
Surf Lessons near Barra de Navidad

A few friends and I will be in Barra in Oct/Nov, and were wondering about taking some surf lessons. South Swell Surf Shops website seems to be down, so I don't know if they are still in business or not...

Thanx!

AL

Oakville, Canada
reviews: 94
1. Re: Surf Lessons near Barra de Navidad

They are still around as far as I know, Germain also has a restaurant over in Villa Obregon in Melaque but I can't recall the name of it. The last time I went by the Hotel Alondra where South Swell have their shop it was open.

There is also Odin's "Barra Surf Shop" where you can take lessons. It is also on Lopez de Legazpi (where South Swell are) but about two blocks down, closer to the Malecon almost across the street from Roctavios. Odin is from here but speaks English and he is open year round. He is such a good surf teacher even his dog surfs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEJ18q5HjY4 Sorry I don't have an email or web site for him but someone on the youtube link may know how to contact him.

2. Re: Surf Lessons near Barra de Navidad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, October 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Barra de Navidad