We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant reservations

Which Barra de Navidad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St Paul, MN
reviews: 5
restaurant reservations

Is it necessary to make reservations at the nicest restaurants in Barra. We will be there in 2 weeks?

Oakville, Canada
reviews: 89
1. Re: restaurant reservations

You can normally just drop in, booking the day before isn't a bad idea if you want a specific table. No need to book two weeks in advance.

St Paul, MN
2. Re: restaurant reservations

Thanks for the quick response. We are getting very excited. I've been checking the weather forecast and it looks wonderful.

It is snowing in Minnesota right now and is going to be below 0 again.

Lewiston, California
reviews: 63
3. Re: restaurant reservations

Barra/Meleque is one of the most laid back places I have ever seen. I can not imagine needing a dinner reservation.

argentina
4. Re: restaurant reservations

YEAH HI, I JUST CAME BACK FROM BARRA AND HAD SUCH A great time there, i miss it already nice laid back little town but with lots of services..beautiful beach ...and if you have a car or rent one in melaque or the airport...you can travel to many places like tenacatita, beautiful beaches and great restos...or if you want you can take a bus for 5 pesos...50cents...takes 15 minutes to Melaque next toen or walk from barra to melaque by the beach..takes about 25 minutes depending on how many times you jump in the ocean to cool off....

i mainly eat at the local little restos...my best of all is a little place called PIPI, he and his wife made the best Burritos, of choriso, beef or chiken or shrimp...really cheap less than 3$ with a beer..you can get better than that....its very safe there and there is lots of places to choose from..my best place for sunset and margaritas..after 6pm happy hour 2 for one..and the best seat for the sunset....the sunset bar on the beach....

if you need to change money do it at the exchange at Melaque..Barra has one automatique teller on the main strip near el JARDIN THE PARC....well have a great time enjoy this is the prettiest little village..the locals are very nice and its very safe there...

Oakville, Canada
5. Re: restaurant reservations

Glad to hear you enjoyed Barra SillySil. There are actually two ATMs near the main Jardin in Barra one on either side of the police station. One is Banamex and the other Bancomer. There are two Banamex ATMs at the Banamex branch in Melaque. There is indeed a car rental place over in Melaque but there are also two places that rent cars in Barra, though they are not very well publicized. Crazy Cactus in the Casa de Marco hotel on Veracruz rent cars as do Casa Senorina the B & B right next door to them.

Pipi's little restaurant is indeed a great place, in addition to the other things mentioned he makes the best burger in Barra.

Gig Harbor, WA
6. Re: restaurant reservations

Nan--

Can you describe where Pipi's is-- either in relation to your shop or from Casa Senorina?

Gracias--

Shelley

Oakville, Canada
7. Re: restaurant reservations

He is on Lopez de Legazpi, the beach street, almost right across the street from the large unfinished hotel that is on the beach between Benedetti's pizza and Sea Master.

Oakville, Canada
8. Re: restaurant reservations

In relation to Casa Senorina or my shop, you would leave Casa S heading towards my shop, cut across the Jardin in front of my shop to get to Legzapi, head away from my shop and Casa Senorina on Legazpi two blocks, you will see Benedetti's Pizza on your right, Pipi's is just down from there on the other side of the street.

Gig Harbor, WA
9. Re: restaurant reservations

Thanks, Nan... I'll be able to check it out next week. :)

Speaking of restaurants, there are so many good things being said about Roosters (in Melaque). Is it located anywhere near Maya's/Ava's?

Muchisimas gracias for being such a fantastic resource--

Shelley

Oakville, Canada
10. Re: restaurant reservations

Maya is in Villa Obregon and Ava is in San Patrico, the street they are on is the boundary. Roosters is in Melaque proper, two blocks down from the bus depot, on the grounds of the Hacienda Melaque Hotel, on the other side of town from Maya and Ava. I have not been to Roosters for dinner yet but I hear it's more on the level of Maya than Ava with regards to presentation and cuisine. The hired an excellent chef from Puerto Vallarta and the setting in the gardens of the hotel is exquisite. There is also another restaurant in Villa Obregon that is recommendable, Salamandra. It is harder to find than the other two being located in a residential area about two blocks from the Bungalows Pacifico heading towards Barra. Salamandra is set in a lovely walled garden with pool and the food is continental and Mexican, the owner's daughter and boyfriend are both chefs. I have had some good meals there too.

Get answers to your questions about Barra de Navidad