We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

language schools in Michoacan

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Morelia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
willits
language schools in Michoacan

looking to join a language school in Morelia, patzcuaro for a week in February,2013. Any good recommendations? Thanks.

Ixtapa, Mexico
reviews: 14
1. Re: language schools in Michoacan

Over the years I have attended several language schools in different cities in Mexico. I have liked them all. Baden Powell in Morelia is by far the best of them. I highly recommend that school.

willits
2. Re: language schools in Michoacan

thank you snowbird054 for your reply about language schools. I sent along your post re: Baden Powell to my travel mate and girlfriend and she said she had read their prospectus about emphasizing grammar and drills, which brought her back to her high school days with the teacher talking in front of the class for 2 hours and making language more a mathematical exercise than a living language. So I promised her I'd write back asking why you think Baden Powell was the best school in MX you'd been to? Maybe just a couple of things that made you appreciative. And thanks again for your time. Roy Krausen.

Ixtapa, Mexico
reviews: 14
3. Re: language schools in Michoacan

Roy, I am not sure I understand your friend's experience of the school, the teacher spoke for two hours? This was not my experience. I had four teachers a day, each for an hour, before starting the week, I filled an evaluation questionnaire to make sure the teaching was according to my level. I was impressed with the quality, attention and professionalism of the teachers and administration as well as the flexibility. I was able to participate in group and private classes.

San Miguel de...
reviews: 39
4. Re: language schools in Michoacan

I am currently renting an apartment owned by the folks at Baden Powell and just around the corner from the school. I can't testify as to the method of instruction but my dealings with them have convinced me that they are highly professional and principled. I did visit their reception and office area and they seemed quite busy. In my own case if I hadn't been exposed to the basic fundamentals of an inflected language, Spanish would never have been so easy and enjoyable for me to learn; not to say their method is "wrote". Anyway they really are very well known and respected. Before selecting a school why don't you contact Eugenio there and inquire a bit further as to the method of instruction. My expectations with the apartment have not just been met, they have been exceeded.

Guanajuato, Mexico
reviews: 63
5. Re: language schools in Michoacan

Baden-Powell's Eugenio is a great guy & runs a excellent school. My choice hands down.

Austin
reviews: 58
6. Re: language schools in Michoacan

I have taken several classes at CELEP in Patzcuaro and was very happy with the lessons I received. It's a small school, and I was lucky to have a group class, but was the only one in the class. But, at CELEP, class size is always kept small. The staff is extremely friendly and easy to deal with.

Here is a website on language schools in the area, with clickable links:

http://www.lakepatzcuaro.org/language.html

Morelia, Mexico
reviews: 1
7. Re: language schools in Michoacan

I would highly recommend Baden Powell as well. I went there two weeks and it was worth it. I stayed in Morelia afterwards and when i went back to say hello months after the teachers still remembered my name and showed a lot of interest.

As mentioned above you have four different teachers a day, all very professional, and the day is divided into topics. First hour would be grammar, then practice, then conversation. If you go for the private classes of course you can customize you classes with them. Besides classes they have conversation club every evening for free where you get to talk with other spanish students and locals who are studying english also at Baden Powell.

8. Re: language schools in Michoacan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 03, 2014