Would appreciate some current info on visiting the Monarch Butterfly reserves.
We will be in Morelia for a few days in several weeks and would like to visit a reserve. The highly recommended guide Luis Miguel is no longer with Mich Mex Guides. So I wondered
1) Would you recommend MMG tours with other guides, any one in particular?
2) Is Luis Miguel is giving tours. If yes, how to contact him?
3) Any other tour companies that are good or to be avoided?
4) Or any other private guides? And approximate cost?
5) Do tours generally go ahead if rain is forecast? Is there much difference in the weather/temperatures in the reserves compared to Morelia (i.e is it colder?)
We will not have a car, so see a tour as an opportunity to see some of the region and hike in a natural area as well as see the butterflies.
Thanks for your help!