We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed- Sauris

Which Sauris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Doha
reviews: 37
Help needed- Sauris

Hi, I am planning to drive to Sauris from Vittorio Veneto in August with my wife and daughter. Would apprecate any tips on what type of car to hire, good hotels to stay (3 nights) and things to do when there.

6 replies to this topic
Udine, Italy
reviews: 27
1. Re: Help needed- Sauris

Hello, I haven't been in the places you mention for a couple of decades, so I cannot help about hotels. What I can tell you is that road from Vittorio Veneto to Sauris is a good paved mountain road, and that you should have no problem with whatever kind of car (I'd go for the C/D rental categories) in August.

With this said, a lot on what you can do depends from your interests/expectations. What do you like the most? Hiking, sightseeing, culure, art? Let us know something about what you expect, I'm sure you'll get some good advices. For now, I can tell you the Sauris lake area is a nice one for trekking. And you can reach beautiful cities such as Udine or Trieste in a couple of hours. Before you even get to Sauris, you could do a detour towards Treviso, which is also a nice city. But I don't know if you're much after that kind of things... :-)

Perth, Western...
reviews: 275
2. Re: Help needed- Sauris

Hi Sunkool, compliments for the destination you have choosen. In the locality of Lateis (coming from Ampezzo you'll notice the arrow to the right) there is a traditiona warm inn called Pa' khraizar, but if by unluck would be fully booked, you won't have problem as Sauris got one of the region "albergo diffuso'"(private homes spreaded all over the municipal area).

www.pakhraizar-sauris.com

www.albergodiffusosauris.com

Do not hire a big car if you are not carryng many belongings as mountain roads hve narrow points and tough turns.

Doha
3. Re: Help needed- Sauris

Thanks for the information. Since my first post, I've amended my plans slightly. We will be in Vittorio Veneto for a couple of nights then on to Forni di Sopra for 3 nights and then to Osoppo. We really want to explore the region. We are more into outdoors i.e. trekking, river rafting, biking, horse-riding and the stuff. Though we would love to visit wineyards and quaint towns to experience the cuisine and the culture. Any ideas would be welcome. Thanks again.

Perth, Western...
4. Re: Help needed- Sauris

Hi sunkool. While you're staying in Vittorio Veneto, can drive for approx. 20 km east into the regional park Cansiglio Forest. Get some fresh oxigen there. West of Vittorio Veneto is the Prosecco area with quite few taverns with good food.

Looking for fine dining, shouldn't miss the Locanda San Lorenzo at Puos d'Alpago. For activities in Friuli check the regional website:

www.turismofvg.it

Doha
5. Re: Help needed- Sauris

Thanks a lot. Yes, I had checked the Friuli website and found interesting things including lakes, canyons, national reserves, etc. I'll take your suggestions too.

Perth, Western...
6. Re: Help needed- Sauris

Good on you mate, don't forget to review where you're going to stay.

Reply to: Help needed- Sauris
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sauris
Recent Conversations