We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfers - Specific Questions

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Jose del Cabo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colleyville, Texas
reviews: 10
Airport Transfers - Specific Questions

(also posted on Los Cabos forum)

First time in Cabo, but we've been to other destinations in Mexico many times and generally know the drill.

I have read the transportation-related top questions on all of the Cabo forums, have searched the forums for answers, and have been to several of the transportation provider websites.

Sensing that forum members are tired of answering transfer questions ad nauseum, I am only asking a few specific questions.

We're staying at the Hyatt Ziva in San Jose Del Cabo next week.

1. How much is the cost to take a cab for two to the hotel from the airport. Has anyone taken one recently? (I'm seeing a fairly wide cost range quoted on other posts)

2. We're considering Cabo San Lucas Tours shared shuttle service. Can anyone comment on the typical wait time to fill the van before departure? (Cost is somewhat of a factor, but I don't want to waste too much time waiting)

3. Do transfer companies in the area typically require advance payment?

All answers and related advice is greatly appreciated.

Rio

4 replies to this topic
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
reviews: 34
1. Re: Airport Transfers - Specific Questions

1. Cost of Taxi. I've never taken a taxi so I'm not totally sure, but I'm fairly certain that a taxi is as much as a private shuttle which offers better service. Basically, to get from the airport in a Taxi you're looking at around $60 to your location. But to get back to the airport in a Taxi you're looking at around $35. The taxi union is very strong in the area and only taxis that have purchased a license to pick up at the airport can do so, but anyone can drop off. So they price themselves competitively with the private shuttles. Our strategy: take a shuttle in, take a taxi back.

2. The wait time really depends on how long it takes everyone to get their luggage. Most often, these shuttles have a full roster of people who have contacted them in advance. So, they know who is coming. If they all get their luggage quickly, you're off. And if you are the unlucky ones like us whose luggage tends to be the very last one....then depending on how may planes have arrived at the same time, and what time of year it is (i.e. if they have other shuttles waiting with room they may shift the late stragglers to the next shuttle) you could be waiting longer. But typically, we haven't waited more than 15 minutes previously. But that's the beauty of Mexico....nothing is guaranteed, and every time could be different.

3. Sometimes we have paid in advance, sometimes we haven't. The one time we didn't when I went to give him the money at the airport he looked at me with a spot of fear in his eyes and whispered (looking quickly from side to side), I can't take it now.....later! And it was with a reputable private shuttle. So, again, I think this has to do with the taxi unions probably requiring private shuttle to operators to only accept pre-paid fares......and not to steal their walk in business......but again...that's just my interpretation of the situation.

Edited: 12:05 pm, June 18, 2014
Colleyville, Texas
2. Re: Airport Transfers - Specific Questions

Decided on shared transfers from the airport and will take a cab to return. Thanks!

Colleyville, Texas
3. Re: Airport Transfers - Specific Questions

Just to follow-up.

Used Cabo San Lucas Tours, which contracts with TransCabo, for shared ride transfers from the Airport to Hyatt Ziva, in San Jose ($24.00 for two). Essentially received a private transfer in a Cadillac Escalade (no other passengers). Would highly recommend.

Return via cab $25.00, very easy.

Rio

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 74
4. Re: Airport Transfers - Specific Questions

Lucky you! Last time I used CSLT.net for shared shuttle (yes, via TransCabo) it was an absolutely full van w/ a wedding party & several other folks. The wedding dress slid off the pile of luggage onto those of us in the back. The wedding party should have paid less for a private transfer and then I wouldn't have had a white dress on my head. But it was fun, in a "Cabo way."

Thanks for checking back with us.

Reply to: Airport Transfers - Specific Questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo