We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton vs One & Only Palmilla vs Las Ventanas

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Jose del Cabo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
reviews: 37
Hilton vs One & Only Palmilla vs Las Ventanas

Is it worth splurging for these other hotels over the Hilton? We are a very active couple in our early 30s, usually go for a run and then sit by the pool in the morning and play golf or tennis in the afternoon and come back for a drink by the ocean in the evening. We also like a good beach with activities. Swimming in the ocean would be fun but not crucial. Don't have kids, but kids don't bother us. Any strong feelings between these 3 places? How about eating both in terms of cost and quality? For a comparison, we've been to the Four Seasons Punta Mita and loved it. Never been to Cabo before so this will be our first time.

Points of comparison:

-Beach

-Views

-Pools

-Restaurants

-Proximity to & availability of golf/tennis

-Water sports

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
reviews: 34
1. Re: Hilton vs One & Only Palmilla vs Las Ventanas

Sorry, I can't really comment as I haven't stayed in all these places. Probably best to look at the hotel reviews and compare them that way. I have only been to the One & Only for drinks....a few times. It is stunning! Old world elegance with service that is over the top. Definitely on par with the Four Seasons. If that is important to you, and if you like to go to a place with clientel that can afford the best....then the One & Only or Las Ventanas would be the places to go.

As for food, I have only learned from others that the value for money doesn't compare to some of the places where you can go in San Jose. Manuels at the Shoppes at Palmilla is an excellent choice for dinner that is very near by.

One & Only is much closer to the town of San Jose, whereas Ventanas is closer to Cabo.

The Beach at Palmilla is adjacent to the One & Only, and is swimmable.

Hope that helps.

Edmonton, Canada
2. Re: Hilton vs One & Only Palmilla vs Las Ventanas

Hilton would be a comfortable resort property but Las Ventanas and Palmilla are an experience!

Having stayed at several Four Seasons properties as well, I would say Las Ventanas is a FS property on steriods. We are returning to LV for our 4th visit in the past 2 yrs. Our average stay is 10 days and we do not leave the property for anything. However this experience comes with a hefty pricetag ... So yes it is the ultimate splurge! LV do have their own tennis pro as well. You will never have an issue finding the perfect beach or pool chair. The intuitive service all guests receive keep us all returning year after year... No other place we have stayed at yet can compare. Children have been at the property during our stays, but all have been so well behaved it has never been an issue. The sea is not advised for swimming, but many still do. Private beach cabanas are available for rent by the day or half day. No water sports on site, but a short beach walk from LV down towards the Hilton and you will be able to satisfy that need. LV is a quiet refined romantic atmosphere .

I think your budget will determine which is best for your needs. Or maybe split your time between the Hilton and either the Palmilla or Las Ventanas. None of them are very far from the other. Enjoy your first trip to Cabo!

fratspin
reviews: 29
3. Re: Hilton vs One & Only Palmilla vs Las Ventanas

I have stayed at both Punta Mita and the One & Only. I've never been to the Hilton, and have had dinner once at Las Ventanas. However, if you are looking for an experience similar to the one you had at Punta Mita then I would say stay at the One & Only. Has a great gym/spa, I don't golf but I think they have a pretty legit course, the food is excellent, and the bar nearest the beach is near-spectacular. Plus, the One & Only is significantly close to Cabo San Lucas if you want to go in to town, and is obviously close to San Jose del Cabo as well; same with Las Ventanas. The Hilton is a little to far to go in to CSL on multiple occasions (I think about a 40 min drive.)

Edit: I don't think you can go wrong with Las Ventanas, either. Both are world class resorts. I would also check out Esperanza, but I'm not as familiar with it.

Edited: 12:31 pm, May 20, 2013
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
reviews: 34
4. Re: Hilton vs One & Only Palmilla vs Las Ventanas

fratspin has excellent taste! :-)

Here's a link to a map of the hotels.

www.google.ca/imgres…

One & Only is adjacent to the Palmilla Golf Course.

Hilton and Las Ventanas are adjacent to Cabo Real Golf Course.

Hilton and Las Ventanas are closer to Cabo than Palmilla. Palmilla is closer to San Jose. But really, they are all within a few miles of each other.

Fratspin I'm wondering if you're thinking about the Holiday Inn (formerly El Presidente) that is about 40 minutes from Cabo.

Edited: 6:08 pm, May 20, 2013
fratspin
reviews: 29
5. Re: Hilton vs One & Only Palmilla vs Las Ventanas

Not sure what hotel I was thinking of...I always thought that the huge hotel on the beach across the bay (in San Jose) from Palmilla was the Hilton! Clearly not though, sorry!

6. Re: Hilton vs One & Only Palmilla vs Las Ventanas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, May 23, 2014
Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo