We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental in San Jose del Cabo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Jose del Cabo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Airdrie, Canada
reviews: 3
Car Rental in San Jose del Cabo

We will be staying at the Holiday Inn in March. We would like to rent a car for just a day to tour around. Is there still a Dollar Rent A Car there? If not, where is the closest rental place?

12 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
1. Re: Car Rental in San Jose del Cabo

I walk past the Holiday Inn daily nice looking place beside the Estuary.

Thrifty Car rental in about a ten minute walk.

At the Mega there is Avis in the parking lot so about a fifteen minute walk.

Edmonton
reviews: 6
2. Re: Car Rental in San Jose del Cabo

Cactus Rent A Car - Antonio Miranda

Thankfully, though, as soon as we stepped out into the warm breezy desert, we saw our man – Lopez from Cactus, waiting for us with a big sign and my name on it. We shake hands, and 5 minutes later we were sitting in Cactus headquarters, only about 2 kilometers away from the airport. I would highly recommend Cactus car rental and Antonio Miranda services. What he promises in his email, he delivers. No hassles with the price eather. Rental Cars in San Jose del Cabo are usually around $50 a day.

Renting a car in San Jose del Cabo can be a great way to explore the San Jose del Cabo area and the Baja California Sur. While the actual town is mostly walkable, its sister town of Cabo San Lucas is about 30 minutes away. There are plenty of side-trips from San Jose del Cabo that you can explore by car.

We received a nice silver VW Jetta (older model) in good shape and went cruising down the highway toward San Jose. Like I said before, San José airport is about 13km from the San Jose del Cabo and about 41km drive from Cabo San Lucas. I studied the map before our trip, so once in town I knew we had to get to the main circle by Mega store and turn left towards our hotel ‘Posada Real’, which was just around the corner. Traffic was no issue, but it was slow and we still made it to our hotel in about 20 minutes.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 9
3. Re: Car Rental in San Jose del Cabo

Next time, take the toll road. You'll be there in about 10 minutes.

Edmonton
4. Re: Car Rental in San Jose del Cabo

I knew about the toll road, and I did use it when we were returning to the airport... but first I wanted to see the town, traffic and people... and it wasn't bad...

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
reviews: 5
5. Re: Car Rental in San Jose del Cabo

Dena72, Yes there is a Dollar Rent a Car desk at the Holiday Inn. If you are in the lobby as you are looking out the front door to your left there is a concierge desk, there you will find Antonio with Grayline for activities and next to him is the Dollar desk. When there we usually get a car for just a day or two and find the convenience of the desk there to be worth the couple of dollars extra we may have to pay. We also book the car online before we leave as we have found that saves quite a bit over waiting until we get there.

Have Enrique, Juan or Christian the bellmen point you in the right direction when you get there.

Airdrie, Canada
reviews: 3
6. Re: Car Rental in San Jose del Cabo

Thanks again an2jo2. You are always such a wealth of knowledge :)

Jefferson City...
7. Re: Car Rental in San Jose del Cabo

We just returned from Cabo and rented a car from Cactus with Antonio. Antonio is the best. He tells you the truth and there are no surprises. They pick you up at the airport and return you at the end of your trip. We rented a 4 door, no frills VW Gol with a/c and manual transmission. It was $160, with mandatory liability, for the whole week. It would have cost us $88 round trip to our resort. Kind of a no-brainer! Everything was as represented and Antonio and his staff are delightful. It is so nice to have a car and we thought a small car was a plus on the narrow streets. It was perfect for a couple and would have been fine for 4 on short trips. We negotiated the streets very well--watch out for the topas- drove to several beached to snorkel and even ventured out of town to Todos Santos for a day. Check out the reviews carefully. Not all are as honest or trustworthy as Antonio. Have fun-it's a beautiful area!

bellingham...
8. Re: Car Rental in San Jose del Cabo

an2jo2,

What website do you use to book a rental car at the Holiday Inn?

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
9. Re: Car Rental in San Jose del Cabo

rcb123,

www.dollar.com the location pickup point I type in Los Cabos Presidente. I admit that sometimes I might suggest to the guy at the Dollar desk that I may be able to get a better deal for "x" amount of dollars somewhere else and ask if he can beat that and he does but if Elena is at the desk she just automatically gives me a better deal then what I got on line;-)

Lemon Grove...
reviews: 14
10. Re: Car Rental in San Jose del Cabo

Prior to our yearly vacation in Cabo San Lucas, I checked on Trip Advisor to see which car rental place was recommended. Clearly, Dominic Los Cabos kept coming up so I contacted him by email to see what he offered. I am now home from our trip and I too would recommend his services anytime. He was honest, clear in his instructions, and kept the process simple. No surprises to deal with in a foriegn country and easy to contact regarding questions..His email address is: domosanlucas@prodigy.net.mx

Reply to: Car Rental in San Jose del Cabo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo