We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping and Restaurant

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Jose del Cabo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Omaha
reviews: 2
Shopping and Restaurant

We are two couples in our 50's staying at Holiday Inn in a couple of weeks. We'd like to dine in San Jose del Cabo on Thursday night during the art walk. Most likely that's the only time, we will dine away from the hotel. What's the one don't miss restaurant?

Also, I've been reading the shopping in San Jose is more expensive than Cabo. Any comments or advice here?

We've been to Cabo twice and decided to try San Jose and the all inclusive this time.

Thanks.

Ontario
1. Re: Shopping and Restaurant

Ok that's a hard question. The art walk is becoming very popular so first tip is go early. A lot of people like Morgan's Encore, or H restaurant, and some have enjoyed a new tapas place for light fare at Osteria. Meson de Angel is supposed to be excellent but outside of the gallery area. You might also try Voila in a small courtyard (back of paulina furniture store). If everything is jammed try baan thai for thai food (lovely courtyard at very back).

Los Cabos
reviews: 3
2. Re: Shopping and Restaurant

If you're walking from the Holiday Inn to the art district you will be passing right in front of Don Sanchez restaurant where you could dine in their beautiful new hacienda style courtyard or at Mi Cocina at the chic Casa Natalia Hotel in their modern and elegant courtyard right off of the main square just a block from the Art District. Both are first class establishments with full bars. As for shopping, I'm not aware of price differences between the two towns. Excellent restaurants abound in San Jose, including the ones vistabound recommended. San Jose is very different than Cabo San Lucas - I think you're going to like it here alot. Enjoy your stay.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
reviews: 34
3. Re: Shopping and Restaurant

All the restaurants mentioned by the others are great suggestions. It really depends on what you are looking for. The only other one I would add for an authentic Mexican experience is Salsitas. Then go across the street to Osteria's (their sister restaurant) for an after dinner drink.

As for shopping, San Jose has some very elegant shops but also some lower priced tourist shops settling trinckets. I wouldn't think it's any different from Cabo where you have everything from Luxury Plaza to tourist trinkets.

Edited: 2:10 am, December 30, 2012
Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 84
4. Re: Shopping and Restaurant

Only one night? Too many wonderful choices. A quick Taxi and you are at Deckmans or Manuels Creative restaurant. Meson Del Angel and Floras Fied Kitchen would be two other top choices. Cant you stretch out your vacation a bit longer?

Omaha
reviews: 2
5. Re: Shopping and Restaurant

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. Now to decide where to enjoy dinner. Since we're staying at an All Inclusive, our plan is to take advantage of this and dine at the hotel most nights.

A couple more questions......

Transportation, I have priced Cabo San Lucas Tours and Los Cabos Transfers /Nice Ride Cabo. They are 64.00 and 55.00. Any recommendation or comments on either one would be appreciated.

Golf - We're watching Golf Now and Ez Links for a good price on a tee time. would love comments on any of the golf courses to play or not to play.

Thanks again everyone!!!!!

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 84
6. Re: Shopping and Restaurant

As far as golf is concerned your best bet is the wonderful Puerto Los Cabos course thats part of the www.questrogolf.com group. At the Puerto Los Cabos course they give you breakfast and lunch on the course including drinks in the price. ITs one of the best courses in the area. You can get a break for a foursome. Call the course for the foursome rate. Its a good deal.

Edited: 10:52 pm, January 01, 2013
Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
reviews: 6
7. Re: Shopping and Restaurant

lakegirl16...thought I would never recommend another company beside TransCabo but this trip we used Gray Line private transfer and I have to say I was very much impressed by the driver and vehicle. You might want to check their prices out their website is graylineloscabos.com

8. Re: Shopping and Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, January 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo