We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best rooms at one and only Palmilla

Which San Jose del Cabo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lake Oswego, Or
reviews: 16
best rooms at one and only Palmilla

I have booked an oceanfront delux room for a weeks stay. All the rooms looked fabulous... Is there a certain building that I should request?

WY
11. Re: best rooms at one and only Palmilla

I callled One and Only Palmilla and asked them if building 21 was one of the original buildings They said it was a new building ? I am confused. Also I was wondering if the adult pool is better than the family pool?

Lake Oswego, Or
12. Re: best rooms at one and only Palmilla

One pool is not "better" than the other... They both have different things to offer. The pool on the south side near the Agua restaurant is called the family pool. It is an infinity edge pool ( pictured on the website) and kids are welcome there. It is larger than the adult pool and has a small water feature for the kids to play in. The adult pool, located off of the main entrance is just that- ADULT. There are no kids there and the attention is on service. Pool butlers bring water, cold towels, misters, ice cream bon bons to your chair and spa attendants stroll the pool offering foot massages. It is very quiet at this pool . Chairs go fast around the pool area, so arrive early and claim a spot. I never sat at the family pool, so I can't compare the service. I spent my time at the adult pool because I didn't want to hear or see kids and the service and setting was spectacular. The non swimmable beach is located right off the adult pool and has a long stretch of sand to walk on.

The newer construction is on the South side of the resort. It is my understanding that the family pool and the buildings near it were new additions to the resort . All have been refurbished and there isn't a "bad" spot in the resort. As in my earlier post, if you want BEACHFRONT I suggest buildings 11, 12 or 14. If you like OCEANFRONT or OCEANVIEW any of the other buildings provide a breathtaking views. 15, 16, and 17 are smack in the middle of the property and would allow for easy access to both pools. 11, 12, and 14 are a bit more private and provide sand directly under foot.

Hope this info helps...

Stillwater, MN
reviews: 3
13. Re: best rooms at one and only Palmilla

LoGirl

Thank you for all of your help. I was at Palmilla to check it out last month and I was absolutely blown away. I too have been to many Ritz Carltons, Four Seasons, etc and this place easily tops that. I just went there for drinks and dinner.

A couple of questions:

Did you call the hotel and request a certain building/room?

Do the rooms have minibars?

I believe I am staying in the lowest price room so I will probably be on the ground floor which I usually hate, but oh well. Unless they give me an upgrade where would I want to be located?

Thanks,

Nathan

Lake Oswego, Or
14. Re: best rooms at one and only Palmilla

Since you have been there, you at least have a feel for what to expect! My husband and I took 40 award winners from his company without knowing the property! We were pleased beyond our expectations at the gracious service, beautiful rooms, and amazing scenery.

We were in a Beachfront deluxe suite - 1431. Our guests were in oceanview deluxe and oceanview superior rooms. I know EVERYONE raved about their accomodations. I doubt you will get a ground floor room because they were more expensive due to the large patio area. I would imagine you will be in one of the buildings directly behind the adult pool on the North side- It will have an ocean view - all do- but not oceanfront. Check the website as it gives detailed diagrams about where each room catagory is located on the property. Trust me, your "least expensive" room will rival any deluxe Four seasons room. The accomodations are amazing!

Check in is a bit different at O &O , as they meet you at the car and take you straight to your room. There is no " front desk". So, I would make any special request ( Upgrade, bath tub, day bed, location) before arrival.

There is a mini bar in the room- Not a tradition one. It lookslike a desk. There was a SMALL refrigerator ( held 8 cans of pop) and wine glasses, ice bucket, etc. inside the desk. The ammenities in the mini bar were VERY expensive. ( 1/2 bottle of OK wine was $30). There was not room to chill your own ammenities. I would recommend bringing in your own wine, booze and mixers. The butler will keep the ice stocked. There is a small gift shop next to the adult pool that has snacks and drinks that were reasonably priced. ( Coke, chips, cookies, etc).

I hope you have a great trip!

Stillwater, MN
15. Re: best rooms at one and only Palmilla

To me it looks like 15-16-17 are an ideal location being in between both pools. According to the map 21-24-25-26 may have obstructed views? Can you help with this concern LOGirl.

Also, about dinner, I see the picture of the couple having dinner on the cliff at Agua, did you do that, see that, etc? Do you just order off the regular dinner menu?

Thanks,

Nathan

Lake Oswego, Or
16. Re: best rooms at one and only Palmilla

Nathan

The lower level rooms in the 20 series buildings will be a bit obstructed. If you were on the top floor you should get a clear view. I would be safe and request a room in building 15, 16, 17. I believe there are rooms in your catagory in those buildings. You will have a central location and a pretty view. Just make sure to request a day bed on the patio, because I did notice that some rooms did not have one.

We dined at agua twice. Once in a large group inside and once a table for two out. Make a reservation in advance and request a "two top" near the ocean. They had three or four of them, but they definately need a reservation. The regular menu was offered. The food at Aqua is GOOD- but the food at C was better.

Let me know if you have any more ???

Stillwater, MN
17. Re: best rooms at one and only Palmilla

I know everyything is expensive but can you give us an idea of food costs for Agua and C? Do you think the meal plan is worth it? The meal plan doesn't include drinks, does it?

Did you get a chance to golf at Palmilla? The course looks fantastic.

Nathan

18. Re: best rooms at one and only Palmilla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, August 12, 2009