We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Cars ?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Jose del Cabo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 24
Rental Cars ?

Looking for info. about renting a car in cabo.

Safe to drive ?

Easy to navigate the area (streets will marked)?

Should I buy Insurance with rental agent ?

Thank You

Virginia
1. Re: Rental Cars ?

dal,

this is perhaps one of the most discussed tpoics on this forum and a search will reveal tons of information. as for me i use Advantage when i rent a car. their office is right at the airport so no shuttle hassles. they have always been square with me and ive had zero issues. i get the liability insurance only. Driving in Los Cabos is a no brainer. Its a lot less stressful than most major U.S cities. Yep there are free range cattle that like to stand on the road at night but if you use a little common sense this will be no problem. Navigation is no big deal.some streets are well marked others are not. get a map at the rental car agency you will be fine. Book on line and print out your confirmation and take it with you. I hope you have a wonderful trip. Buena Suerte.... jim

advantage.arac.com/google/advantage.htm

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 9
2. Re: Rental Cars ?

dalcard,

YM knows where all the topas(speed bumps) are.:-) You really have to keep an eye out for them. They are not always well marked.

We have almost memorized where they all are but for the first couple years it was hit and miss. :-) Alot of "OH!NO!"

Orange, California
reviews: 62
3. Re: Rental Cars ?

I'm renting a car later this month, and after reading extensively on line, I'm just buying personal liability insurance and relying on my visa card for the rest of the insurance.

Rented thru Alamo -- at a very good weekend rate, and you can choose insurance separately..

Have a great time...

Orange, California
reviews: 62
4. Re: Rental Cars ?

by the way, anyone have experience with Alamo?

Bronx, New York
5. Re: Rental Cars ?

Staying at Esperanza and we are renting a car. . .Yachtmerchant, do think it is worth it, we aren't that far from Cabo (cab fare)? 152.00 for 8 days w/o insurance. . . we do plan on going scuba and snorkeling if the water is warm enough. . .wondering if we should just not even bother renting a car and take cabs everywhere. . let me know

Virginia
6. Re: Rental Cars ?

dann,

IMHO you will be glad you rented the car as there is so much to see and do and Los Cabos is a big place. Youve got to go to Art and Beer and Todos Santos etc. Go and get some Baja! Buena Suerte.... jim

Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo